Fitch Ratings Assigns New York City A Negative Outlook as Deficit Looms
- Richmond Metropolitan Authority, Va., Upgraded to A by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34089, p1
The article reports that the bond ratings firm Fitch Ratings Ltd. has upgraded the rating on the Richmond Metropolitan Authority (RMA) in Virginia's outstanding expressway toll revenue bonds to A from A-minus as of April 2014. It mentions that the upgrade reflects better performance of the...
- IOWA. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. in the second week of March 2001 upgraded Rock Island in Iowa to A2 rating from A3 in conjunction with the city's upcoming sale of 47.9 million of general obligation bonds. Effect of the upgradation on the municipal debt; Reasons for the...
- Fresno and Visalia get low rank. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/ 6/2012, p6
The article reports on the low ranking of Fresno and Visalia on a list of the largest metropolitan areas evaluated on how they foster careers and businesses in California in 2012.
- Hot spots. // Inc.;Mar88, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p74
Inc.'s annual ranking of American cities is presented. The leaders in the economic-development sweepstakes were Austin, Tex. for company start-ups, Orlando, Fla. for job growth and Manchester-Nashua N.H. for fast-growth companies.
- NYC sets trillion-dollar pace among U.S. metros. Thomas, G. Scott // Buffalo Law Journal;9/28/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 78, p13
The article lists the top 100 U.S. metropolitan areas with the largest gross metropolitan products (GMP) in 2008 which includes New York City with 1.264 trillion dollars GMP, Los Angeles with 717.9 billion dollars GMP, and Chicago with 520.7 billion dollars GMP.
- Telephony's competition index. Hodges, Ray L.; Marsh, Julia A. // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p112
Presents a competition index for the top metropolitan areas which offer the most opportunities for new telecommunication service providers in the United States. Factors influencing the attractiveness of entry into a market for a new service providers; Ratings of key metropolitan areas.
- 10 Fastest-Growing U.S Metro Areas. // Architect;Apr2008, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p22
A list of the ten fastest-growing U.S. metro areas by rate of growth is presented as of April 2008 is presented which includes Palm Coast, Florida, St. George, Utah, and Clarksville, Tennessee.
- NEBRASKA. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has affirmed its A3 rating for the city of Hastings, Nebraska. Expectation regarding sale of $ 33.5 million of electric system refunding revenue bonds; Refund of the city's Series 1992 bonds by the sale of the bonds; Statistics on the number of...
- Sunny San Jose tops high-tech city survey. Konish, Nancy; Gawel, Richard // Electronic Design;08/23/99, Vol. 47 Issue 17, p32A
Reports on the Milken Institute's ranking of the top metropolitan areas in the United States, based on the presence of high technology industries. Types of high technology companies in San Jose, California, the top-ranking area; Metropolitan areas with diverse high technology base; Other areas...