NEWS IN BRIEF
- HR in growing companies. Brookler, Rob // Personnel Journal;Nov92, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p80B
States that even in the midst of a sluggish economy, some companies are experiencing exponential growth. Special challenges--and opportunities--presented to human resources (HR) executives. INSETS: Mixed methods cut hiring costs.;Employee involvement boosts the value of benefits.;Stock options...
- Taking advantage of this year's economic downturn. Crain, Rance // Crain's Chicago Business;7/16/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p11
Identifies business opportunities amidst the 2001 economic downturn in the United States. Focus of business initiatives; Key issues facing businesses; Ways to make inroads on the competition.
- Fiserv, Bisys, and Jack Henry More than Weathering Storm. Fung, Amanda // American Banker;7/16/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 135, p21
Discusses the stability of bank technology providers despite the economic downturn in the U.S. Announcement of Fiserv that it will offer receivables management services; Acquisition on the Toner Organization insurance brokerage by Bisys; List of bank technology providers with stable earnings.
- National business news. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p58
Reports on business developments in the United States. Increase of the Commerce Department index of leading economic indicators; Expansion of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) at a revised annual pace in the 1993 second quarter; Federal Supreme Court's agreement to consider the cable-television...
- Growth Trends in Major U.S. Ocean Trade Lanes. // JoC Week;3/11/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p35
Presents several graphs depicting the growth trends in major U.S. Ocean Trade Lanes. Monthly percent change from year-earlier-month; Cycle change of the trade statistics; Acceleration and deceleration growth of the trade lanes.
- Congress gets tooling competition report. Toloken, Steve; Pryweller, Joseph // Plastics News;10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the availability of the tooling industry performance report in the U.S. Effect of the economic downturn on the industry; Competition in the exporting industry; Impact of trade restrictions on the industry.
- Slowdown? Says Who? Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p1
Reports that 2001 promises to be a busy one for the business finance sector despite a looming economic slowdown in the United States. Signs that indicate a downturn in the economy of the U.S.; Projections for the housing sector in 2001; Outlook for the bonds sector in 2001.
- Conference Board: CEO Confidence Up. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p2
Details the Conference Board's measure of business confidence in the U.S. Views on the economic conditions; Improvements of business in various industries.
- The end of an era. Delport, Rikus // Finance Week;10/4/2002, p4
Focuses on the performance of business in the era of economic correctness in the U.S. Importance of restoring investors' confidence in the leaders of business; Pressure generated by shareholder activism; Financial transparency regarding the compensation of directors.