Guest Editor's Introduction
- 1. Choices and Obstacles in China's Road to Urbanization. Wang Yuanzheng // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p21
Examines factors affecting the urbanization of China. Information on the periodic-type features of the implementation of urbanization during reform; Details on viewpoints on the urbanization of China; Suggestions on accelerating the course of Chinese urbanization.
- 2. Shake Off Mistakes in Understanding Urbanization. Zhang Jihong // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p36
Discusses mistakes in understanding urbanization in China. Background on the level of urbanization in China; Correlation between urbanization and land management; Information on the urbanization level in Zhejiang.
- 3. Historical Reflections and Rational Considerations on the Progress of Zhejiang's Urbanization. Liu Jianzhong // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p39
Presents a historical review of the progress of urbanization in Zhejiang, China. Stages of urbanization in Zhejiang; Problems concerning the urbanization of Zhejiang; Factors to consider concerning the development of urbanization.
- 5. Accelerating the Pace of Urbanization Requires Focus on Studying and Solving Problems. Guo Zhanheng // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p56
Investigates factors to consider to accelerate the pace of urbanization in Zhejiang, China. Importance of scientific urban planning; Problems concerning the transfer of rural population to cities; Information on the need for capital investment in urban construction.
- 6. Zhejiang's Urbanization. Zhang Renshou; Cha Zhiqiang // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p63
Examines the degree of urbanization in Zhejiang, China. Background on the degree of backwardness of Zhejiang's urbanization; Reasons behind the lagging urbanization of Zhejiang; Factors to consider to accelerate urbanization in Zhejiang.
- 7. Several Reflections on Problems in Zhejiang's Urbanization. Zhou Yongliang // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p71
Discusses the problems concerning the urbanization of Zhejiang, China. Effect of population density on the progress of urbanization; Information on the size and structure of Zhejiang's urbanization; Details on the focal regions for the progress of urbanization.
- 10. How to View and Raise the Present Level of Urbanization in Zhejiang. Liu Chengyin // Chinese Economy;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p85
Examines the level of urbanization in Zhejiang, China. Information on authoritative data on the level of urbanization in Zhejiang; Background on the population size in Zhejiang; Details on calculation methods to determine the level of urbanization.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Argentina Business Forecast Report;2008 4th Quarter, p23
The article reports on the investment opportunities and risk in Argentina's urbanisation which includes, demand for new infrastructure, economic productivity, generating wealth and goods and services, while its risk focuses on the pose of dangers to social and political stability if there is...
- Learning to live with `urban sprawl' Lederer, Kate // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p51
Discusses some of the advantages of urban sprawl. Description of the author's place that is many miles away from the city from where she worked; How the author and her family produce income from the land; How they reacted to suburban developments in their place; Advantages and effects of these...