Eric Fingerhut offers his vision for the future of Hillel
- Just how open does an organization's 'tent' need to be? Dovere, Maxine // Jewish Advocate;7/19/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 29, p14
The article reports on the challenges facing Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life. The organization was established in 1923 with the aim of welcoming Jewish students on campus. Its guidelines include a statement declaring that the organization will not collaborate with other groups that...
- A Big Mensch. Pollak, Suzanne // Baltimore Jewish Times;7/19/2013, Vol. 333 Issue 3, p22
The article announces that former Ohio Congressman Eric Fingerhut was appointed as the new president of Hillel, the Foundation for Jewish Life, the largest Jewish campus organization across the world.
- Pluralism in Hillel must extend to Israel. Rofes, Lex; Zimmerman, Simone // Washington Jewish Week;5/30/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 22, p16
The authors discuss the existence of pluralism in Hillel, the Foundation for Jewish campus life in the U.S., and its need to extend to Israel. According to the authors, pluralism does not happen in Israel, and students who express their feelings toward Zionism or boycott Israeli products are not...
- Jewish college life growing in Northern Virginia. Schwartz, Eric Hal // Washington Jewish Week;5/16/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 20, pB11
The article discusses the growth of engagement opportunities for Jewish students in Virginia, U.S. It mentions about the increasing number of Jewish students at the University of Virginia and Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Ross Diamond, the executive director of Hillel at...
- Hillel warns Swarthmore chapter over Israel guidelines. // Washington Jewish Week;12/12/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 50, p15
The article reports on the warning issued by the Jewish college organization Hillel International to its Swarthmore College chapter, stating that it cannot use the name Hillel if it is found disregarding the international Jewish campus group's Israel guidelines.
- Graduating. Jacobs, Meredith // Baltimore Jewish Times;9/28/2012, Vol. 328 Issue 4, p22
The article announces the resignation of Wayne Firestone as chief executive officer (CEO) of Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life effective June 2013.
- Greater MW Journal. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/16/2015, Vol. 69 Issue 29, p9
The Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest , New Jersey announces the appointment of Talia Mizikovsky as Director of Jewish Student Life at Hillel of Northern New Jersey.
- REENGINEERING THE JEWISH ORGANIZATION. Rubin, Jay L. // Journal of Jewish Communal Service;Summer2000, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p308
Presents information on Hillel, a Jewish organization. Problems encountered by the B'nai B'rith Hillel Foundation, the corporate precursor to Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life; Brief background on the establishment of Hillel movement; Details of several events that have contributed...
- Lautenberg to receive Hillel 'Renaissance' honor. // New Jersey Jewish News;5/23/2013, Vol. 67 Issue 21, p10
The article announces that Frank Lautenberg, Senator of New Jersey, will receive the Renaissance Award from Hillel, The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, a Jewish campus organization.