WEST VIRGINIA: New Members
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.
- W. Virginia's New Governor Has Plans to Keep Things Moving. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing West Virginia Governor-elect Bob Wise. Lag of the state in economic growth and environmental health; Efforts of the state to diversify its economy; Dependence on mining and manufacturing.
- No New Term. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p34
Reports on the reluctance of Virginia governor Bob Wise to contest for his seat when his term ends. Factors that led to Wise's reluctance; Plans of Wise to spend time with his family.
- West Virginia Pension Deal May Be Put on the Table Again. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p4
Focuses on efforts of West Virginia's governor Bob Wise and Pension Bond Review Committee to get a legislative approval for a multi-billion dollar sale of taxable general obligation bonds. Interest rates that have prompted state officials to renew their efforts in that direction; Governor who...
- Gov. Wise to Push for W. Va. Tobacco, Pension Bond Deals. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p32
Focuses on West Virginia governor Bob Wise's push for the issue of tobacco and taxable pension bonds. Total value of the bonds; Payments received by the state according to a settlement; Law of the state related to tobacco settlement funds.
- SporTIF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise has named Pete Dye Golf and Sporting Club as one of the state's first projects approved for funding through tax increment financing. Cost of the project; Flexibility of the financing method.
- Governor to Seek $225M for Security. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/22/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31248, p5
Focuses on plans by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to seek approval from state lawmakers for a multi-million dollar bond issue. Purpose for the issue of bonds; Expectations of Wise regarding introduction of a legislation for bond issue; Statistics regarding floating rates.
- W. Va. Governor's Chief of Staff to Resign. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/5/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31713, p3
Reports on the announcement of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise as of September 5, 2003 that chief of staff Mike Garrison will leave the state government in mid-October to return to the private sector and that he will be replaced by governor's counsel Alex Macia.
- West Virginia Governor Seeks to Avoid Further Cuts, Despite Falling Revenues. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p28
Reports on the efforts of Governor Bob Wise to prevent additional budget cuts in West Virginia. Reduction in the income tax collections in the state; Projected state budget deficit in the year 2003; Total amount of first-quarter general revenues.