TENNESSEE: Tobacco Decree
- Constable's office plans another sting, as reminder. Sharp, Benjamin C. // East Bernard Express (TX);8/24/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the $3,000 grant acquired by the Precinct 2 Constable's office of East Bernard, Texas to continue the plan of law enforcement officials to apprehend businesses that sell tobacco to minors. The grant will be used to pay for undercover stings, inspections and education....
- CMA, health advocacy groups laud tobacco control, dementia investments in budget. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/18/2014, Vol. 186 Issue 5, pE173
The article reports that trade groups Canadian Medical Association and the Canadian Cancer Society welcomed the tobacco control measures included in the 2014 federal budget of Canada, which was announced by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty on February 11, 2014. Topics discussed include the improved...
- Pennsylvania Hears Ideas for MSA Debt. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32364, p1
The article focuses on the proposal of bankers from Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Morgan Stanley and Co. Inc. on how the federal state of Pennsylvania could secure the state's share in the Master Settlement Agreement that the tobacco industry and 46 states in the U.S. have inked in 1998....
- Denver tobacco ordinance to affect retailers. Kelly, Beckie // National Petroleum News;Dec98, Vol. 90 Issue 13, p22
Reports that the city of Denver, Colorado, will enact tougher regulations on tobacco retailing beginning January 1, 1999. Stricter regulations on the sale of tobacco and ban on tobacco advertising; Specific restrictions in the ordinance passed in May 1998; Similar ordinances in other Colorado...
- Missouri Governor, GOP Reach Deal on Tobacco Transaction. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p6
Reports on a multi-million dollars tobacco securitization-hybrid deal on the use of the transaction's funds in Missouri in the week preceding February 18, 2003. Efforts of governor Bob Holden in the success of the deal; Need for the approval of the proposal by the U.S. Senate.
- Court: Hawaii Can Use Tobacco Proceeds However It Sees Fit. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p39
Reports on a ruling by the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, California which allows Hawaii to spend its multi-billion dollar share of the national tobacco money in any way it likes. Court's dismissal of a case brought by state residents on Medicaid seeking a share of the...
- What high court ruling means for tobacco adds. Colford, Stephen W.; Davis, Riccardo // Advertising Age;6/29/92, Vol. 63 Issue 26, p3
Offers a look at the Supreme Court Ruling that opens the door to a wave of liability claims against tobacco marketers. Legitimate causes for action for state court; Tobacco advertising and their claims are generally not grounds for lawsuits ; Advertising fared pretty well in the decision; Comments.
- Impact of a local ordinance banning tobacco sales to minors. Hinds, M. Ward // Public Health Reports;May/Jun92, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p355
Assesses the impact of a local ordinance designed to prevent tobacco sales to minors by surveys of 10th grade students before and after the implementation of the ordinance. Methods; Results; Discussion.
- Senate OKs near ban on tobacco advertising. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;4/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the Czech Senate's approval of the total ban of tobacco advertising starting July 1, 2004. Provisions of the advertising ban policy; Rules regarding tobacco sponsorship of sports incorporated within the proposed legislation.