MISSISSIPPI: Island Bill
- N.C. to Sell $226M for New Prisons. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/11/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31675, p1
Reports on plans of North Carolina to sell $226 million of lease-purchase revenue bonds on July 15, 2003 through a nonprofit entity called the North Carolina Infrastructure Finance Corp. Reasons for selling these revenue bonds; Purpose for which proceedings from the sale would be used.
- Mississippi Bonds for Auto Plant as It Seeks Ways to Scrimp. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p30
Reports on the plan of Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to increase the revenues of Nissan Motor Co. auto plant. Bonds that will be issued; Priorities of the state.
- Advocacy Group Hopes Bonds Will Aid Poor Texas Schools. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/17/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30851, p1
Reports plans of the Equity Center School Facilities Corp. to issue pooled lease-purchase revenue bonds in Dallas, Texas. Role of the center in assisting low-income school districts; Bonds to be structured as lease-purchase financing; Importance of the facilities allotment program by the Texas...
- MISSISSIPPI. M. O. // Hill;6/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 76, p12
The article reports on the plan of the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) to tie former Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to corruption.
- Miss. Governor Submits Budget With Shortfall Fix; Rating Agencies Watchful. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;01/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31051, p4
Reports on Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove's budget proposal. Proposed reduction in government spending; Legislators' reactions to Musgrove's proposal.
- 2-Year Bachelor's Could Solve Nursing Dilemma. Garmon, John // Community College Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p4
Deals with the plan of Mississippi Governor Ronnie Musgrove to prioritize the educational needs of the state's community colleges. Details on the community college years of Musgrove and his wife, Melanie; Political career of Musgrove.
- ANOTHER WAY TO BUY. Barton, Tim // Overdrive;Jul2003, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p28
Discusses factors to be considered when planning to buy trucks through lease-purchase plans in the U.S. High interest rates; Payment of insurance; Potential equity built through a lease-purchase plan. INSETS: TO BUY OR LEASE-PURCHASE?;KNOW YOUR CONTRACT.
- Sale/leaseback deals gain momentum but what does it mean in a securitization? // Asset Securitization Report;5/27/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p16
Focuses on the effect of credit market deterioration on sale/leaseback transactions. Significance of terms of the operating lease; Implication of deterioration for securitization; Citation of operating lease rental as an operating cost.
- The basics of lease vs. buy analysis. Duncan Jr., Homer G.; Proctor, Richard E. // Business North Carolina;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Offers tips for lease or buy decisions for businesses and individuals. Identification of objects; Consideration of leasing alternatives; Understanding of rights and responsibilities regarding basic terms of leasing and purchasing; Steps to measure economic effects.