Former Detroit Finance Director Seen Headed to Pontiac
- 'A Much More Livable Dar es Salaam': Sustainable Urban Development. // UN Chronicle;Mar-May2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p24
Presents an interview with Wilson Mukama, director of city council in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Development of other urban centers to reduce migration; Problem of waste disposal management; Need for cooperation of local authorities and central government.
- Tough times at the Council helm. Irvine, Julia // Accountancy;Apr90, Vol. 105 Issue 1160, p16
Focuses on the responsibilities of local government accountant and city council chief executive Walter Miller of Bristol, England. Career history of Miller; Miller's work attitude; City council decision-making on poll tax; Financial summary of Bristol City Council. INSET: FUNDING THE COUNCIL...
- ILLINOIS: Tender Notes Set for Library. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p9
The article offers information on the search of the Chicago Finance Department for the City Council approval for $80 million of general obligation tender notes in Chicago, Illinois in 2009. The yearly sale will finance Chicago Public Library operations until tax collections arrive into city...
- Nearly 30 Years After Joining Detroit Government, Finance Chief Hannan Retires. Carvllin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p36
Reports on the retirement of Detroit, Michigan finance director Ed Hannan as of December 2001. Number of years for which Hannan held office; Hannan's successor for the post; Other appointments in the city.
- 'We Didn't Screw It Up.'. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p1
Reports plans of Ed Hannan to resign as assistant bond accountant in Detroit, Michigan. Accomplishments of Hannan as a bond accountant; Efforts of Hannan in meeting the deadline for state compliance with the resource recovery guidelines in selling bonds; Views of city officials on the...
- SEAT OF POWER. Pilkington, Lisa // Estates Gazette;6/24/2006, Issue 626, p172
The article focuses on the challenges facing Stephen Hughes as CEO of the Birmingham council in England. Hughes is responsible for managing the annual budget and improving the reputation of the city. Among the problems facing the city are inadequate transportation infrastructure and flight...
- Jude Munro, former ceo Brisbane City Council: "Think Big". // LG: New Zealand Local Government;
The article focuses on the challenge of former Brisbane City Council chief executive Jude Munro for New Zealanders to think big. Munro said since the Brisbane Lord Mayor is the politician with the largest constituency in Australia, it is breathtaking to see what he is able to achieve when he...
- People. // Public Finance;8/1/2003, p16
Reports on developments concerning British government executives as of August 7, 2003. Profile on John Sandbach, director of finance of the University of Liverpool who passed away in June; Appointment of Rob Young as corporate financial manager of the Ministry of Defense; Internal...
- Smoke signals from Westminister. Harding, David // Public Finance;04/30/99, p20
Profiles Bill Roots, chief executive and director of finance at Westminister City Council in London, England. Career in public administration; Retirement plans; Personal and educational background; Accomplishments in Westminister.