SEC Names Prezioso, Its Foe in Yield-Burning Fight, as General Counsel
- Cleary partner to take up SEC general counsel role. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the appointment of Giovanni Prezioso, a partner at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, as general counsel at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission. Remarks from Peter Karasz, managing partner at Cleary; Responsibilities of Prezioso in Cleary.
- PCAOB, SEC Name Acting Chairs; SEC Departures. Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on announcements from the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Scott Taub was named SEC's Acting Chief Accountant. Bill Gradison was appointed Acting Chairman of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board. General Counsel Giovanni Prezioso will leave the SEC and...
- SEC General Counsel Prezioso Leaving for Private Sector. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32269, p6
The article reports on the plan of Giovanni Prezioso, the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) general counsel for more than three-and-half years to leave early next year to return to the private sector. Prezioso, 47, has not yet accepted another position and will remain at his job for a....
- Weiss Asks Federal Appeals Court to Overturn SEC Ruling. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/4/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32291, p32
The article reports that Brian G. Cartwright will become the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) general counsel. Cartwright would succeed Giovanni Prezioso, who announced on November 30 that he would return to the private sector. Securities and Exchange Commission chairman Christopher...
- SEC Said to Have Chosen General Counsel. // American Banker;12/7/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 233, p4
The article announces that Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Christopher Cox selected Brian Cartwright to succeed Giovanni Prezioso as general counsel for the agency. Mr. Cartwright's career highlights are provided. Former SEC general counsel, James Doty, comments on the Mr. Cox's choice.
- SEC GC Resigns. Miller, Julie // InsideCounsel;Jan2006, Vol. 16 Issue 170, p17
Reports on the announcement of the resignation of U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) General Counsel Giovanni Prezioso on November 30, 2005 in order to return to the private sector. Executive expected to replace Prezioso; Comments on SEC Chairman Christopher Cox on the service of...
- SEC Unfazed by Lawsuit By U.S. Commerce Group. // Money Management Executive;9/20/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p3
The article discusses the lawsuit between the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce sued the SEC on Sept. 2, 2004 charging that it had overstepped its rulemaking authority. SEC General Counsel Giovanni Prezioso issued a letter...
- Latham & Watkins Partner Named SEC'S General Counsel. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/4/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32291, p32
This article reports on an announcement made by U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) chairman Christopher Cox that Brian G. Cartwright, one of his former partners in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins LLP, will become the SEC's general counsel later this month. Cartwright is...
- SEC Names Associate Director of Regulation. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p5
Reports the appointment of Alden Adkins as associate director of market regulation division of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Career history; Work duration with the National Association of Securities Dealers; Experience on regulatory matters.