Colorado House Approves Charter School Funding Bill
- Lawmakers OK end of charter cap. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;6/16/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 40, p3A
The article reports on the approval by both the North Carolina Senate and House of Representatives of a bill that would remove the limit of 100 charter schools in the state.
- Not all education reforms are improvements. Phillips, Ivory // Jackson Advocate;4/12/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 26, p4A
In this article, the author discusses the aspects of a legislative bill that enable the establishment of charter schools in the state of Mississippi.
- Charter School Changes. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p1
Reports on the increase in the state aid to charter schools in California. Reasons for less investments in charter schools; Description of charter schools; Benefits of the state aid to charter schools.
- Staying solvent remains a challenge for charter schools. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p12
Focuses on the operation of charter schools in Louisiana. Views of charter school administrator Kathy Matheny on the trend of charter schools opening in the state; Account on the enrollment and grade level additions in the International School of Louisiana; Reliance of charter schools on grants...
- Some States Help Charter Schools Put a Roof Overhead. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;06/20/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p23
Reports on state programs designed to help charter schools in the United States. Challenges encountered by charter school operators; States that have active charter programs; Common places where charter operators set up school facilities.
- Bill would order collective bargaining in Calif. charters. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the bill that would order collective bargaining in California charter schools. Supporters of the collective-bargaining bill; Charter school bills produced by legislature in 1992; Opposition between teachers' unions and the education secretary under the charter school measure;...
- State Journal. Keller, Bess // Education Week;12/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p19
Reports that the bill sponsored by Governor John Engler to lift the cap on charter schools in Michigan has failed. Proposals in the bill; Effects of the failed bill on schools waiting for charters in Michigan.
- Assembly passes charter reform bills. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/7/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 27, p5
The article reports on the charter reform bills that have been passed by the New Jersey State Assembly with the aim of granting local voters more say in approving charter schools, while opening the schools to more scrutiny in New Jersey.
- Governor signs bill to expand charter schools in Missouri. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;7/ 2/2012, p5
The article presents a news report from "The St. Louis Post-Dispatch" that reported that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon has signed a bill that allows charter schools to expand statewide.