News In Brief: Non-Manufacturing ISM Index Declines
- Yet more on misery: Optimization along the short-run Phillips curve revisited, a comment on... Golden, John // American Economist;Fall94, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p92
Discusses two weighted misery indexes that have appeared in `The American Economist' journal. Calculations of misery indexes.
- Leading Indicators Up 0.1% in December. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32304, p2
The article reports on the increase of the composite index of leading economic indicators in the United States in November and December 2005. The coincident index increased by 0.2 percent and the lagging index increased 0.1 percent. Economists surveyed by IFR BondData Americas has projected that...
- NAHB Housing Index Rises to 16 in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33117, p2
The article reports on the increase of housing index for new single-family homes in the U.S. as of May 2009. According to the National Association of Home Builders' (NAHB), the housing index for single-family homes has increased from 14 in April to 16 in May and is expected to increase to 17....
- Services index new low. // BRW;1/11/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on the continuous long-term decline of the Australian Industry Group/Commonwealth Bank services index in Australia. It is reported the index has fallen steadily since 2004 where it reflects the slowing of the economy says John Peters, chief economist of Commonwealth Bank of...
- Pending Home Sales Index Drops to 84.6 in Feb.: NAR. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p2
The article reports that the pending home sales index in the U.S. decreased to a reading of 84.6 in February 2008. The sales index dropped from an upwardly revised 86.2 in January as revealed by the index released by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) on April 8. The Insurance and...
- News In Brief: Chicago PMI Up To 55.7% in March. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p2
Reports on the increase of the purchasing manager's index in Chicago, Illinois for March 2002. Compilation of a seasonally adjusted basis; Stability of the prices paid index; Comparison with results on February 2002.
- Rand parity havoc. Beltrame, Franco // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p6
Comments on Greta Steyn's article about rand parity. Calculation of the rand parity; Indexes influencing the rand parity.
- Industry players debate study on revision of EAFE. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the effects of the revisions made on Europe Australasia Far East Index (EAFE). Attribution of the lower excess returns of international equity managers on the changes in EAFE; Views of market analysts on the issues; Moderation of excess returns.
- THE DUN-GIBSON INDEX NUMBER. Mitchell, Wesley C. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov10, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p161
Examines the applications of the Dun-Gibson index number for measuring the rise in prices. Comparison between the Gibson and Dun Index Numbers; Comparison between the Gibson and the Bureau of Labor index numbers; Implications for economic analysis.