Poole Out, Flynn In, as N.J. Changes
- A Quick Quiz for All Candidates. // Business News New Jersey;11/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p26
No abstract available.
- It's Tough To Be From New Jersey. Taber, George M. // njbiz;11/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p20
Editorial. Criticizes politicians from New Jersey regarding their scandals and corrupt practices. Impact of the scandals on the 2002 Congressional elections; Effect on the political image of the state.
- The case for libertarianism. Sabrin, Murray // Business News New Jersey;01/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p8
Opinion. Presents the views of the author about how his libertarian philosophy of limited government could be applied to the issues facing the people of New Jersey. The author's remarks about his participation in the New Jersey gubernatorial campagin; Discussion and analysis of alternatives to...
- Transportation Trust Fund and More. Mulroy, Gene J. // Business News New Jersey;05/16/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 20, p18
Editorial. Discusses bills introduced in the New Jersey Legislature as of May 16, 2000. Inclusion of the Congestion Relief and Transportation Trust Fund Renewal Act of 2000; Approval of a measure that would require businesses in urban enterprise zones to receive an annual certification;...
- Early Primary States: New Jersey. // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p24
Reports on the level of gay political involvement in New Jersey as of March 6, 1984.
- Fat and Happy In Trenton. // Business News New Jersey;04/18/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p12
Editorial. Comments on the effects of overflowing budget on reform efforts in the New Jersey government. Discipline required in handling an overflowing budget; Progress of the state government's reform efforts.
- N.J.'s DiFrancesco Won't Run for Governor. Higgenbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p36
Reports the refusal of Acting New Jersey Governor Donald T. DiFrancesco to run for governor or state senator. Impact of the media scrutiny over position elevation on the DiFrancesco family; Allegations of ethical improprieties; Political record of DiFrancesco as state senate president.
- A call for consolidated services. Harding, John T. // Business News New Jersey;10/12/98, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p12
Calls for the consolidation of government services in New Jersey. Growth of the state's economy; Number of jobs created from January to October 1998; Growth in construction jobs; Problems that follow new construction; Move to consolidate four fire departments in four small towns in Hudson County.
- Simplify your story for the audience. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;06/28/99, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p17
Offers tips on public speaking. Importance of keeping the message simple; Focus on the limitations of the New Jersey state government's public campaign for a proposed pension bond deal.