Top Trustee Banks (by Dollar Volume):
- High levels of public deposits raise concerns for small banks. Rhoads, Christopher // American Banker;9/8/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 173, p7
Reports on 12 community banks in the United States that hold high levels of public deposits according to a study by the `American Banker.' Community Bank of Espanola, New Mexico as topnotcher; Bank management's efforts to reduce its public deposits by moving into new markets; Risk in a bank's...
- Bigger can mean better, in efficiency rankings. Zack, Jeffrey // American Banker;12/02/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p3A
Reports on the improving efficiency of banks in United States. Continuing focus on expense reductions; List of banks respected for efficiency; Figures on efficiency ratio; Top 20 bank holding companies in efficiency.
- In brief. Padgett, Tania; Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;03/07/97, Vol. 162 Issue 45, p18
No abstract available.
- Lenders smoothing path for first-timers. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;3/19/97, Vol. 162 Issue 53, p6
Presents news updates on banking in the United States as of March 19, 1997. Mortgage application process from the First Home Mortgage Corp.; Homebuying guide from the Fleet Mortgage Group; Number of loans funded by Fannie Mae for 1996.
- Banks near record pace in launching stock funds. Ratner, Juliana // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p1
Reports on the record number of expanded offerings from American banks. Effect of increased demand for equity mutual funds; Presence of investment portfolios during the first quarter of 1997; Valuation of the assets.
- Old-fashioned idea about jobs and pay put banks behind the 8-ball. Bird, Anat; Schmidt, James K. // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p6
Opinion. Comments that the inflexible structure of American banks are hindering their growth. Comparison of banking structures with the flat organization of sales-oriented institutions; Study on the demand of consumers.
- Get your bank off the interest monthly rate merry-go-round. Bird, Anat // American Banker;2/8/95, Vol. 160 Issue 26, p7
Presents ways banks can avoid the effects of the net interest margin pendulum. Opportunities in the non-fee-income business; Need to avoid the herd syndrome; Creation of stable, consistent income streams; Avoidance of the absorption with cost; Assessment of the branch network as a distribution...
- Barnett taps strategic planning exec to head proprietary funds, annuities. Cope, Debra; Holliday, Kalen // American Banker;1/13/94, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p17
Reports on developments in the banking industry. Barnett Banks Inc.'s appointment of Steve Settles as director of investment products division; B'nai B'rith's agreement with Bankers Trust Co. to provide mutual funds to its members; Central Fidelity Bank's certificates of deposit with yields in...
- Recalling `unbelievable' bickering, Ludwig backs Clinton regulatory plan. Krafft, Louise // American Banker;2/7/94, Vol. 159 Issue 25, p2
No abstract available.