RHODE ISLAND: Affording Housing
- Shelter Site Search. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/21/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32158, p31
The article reports that a City Council subcommittee last week confirmed Phoenix, Arizona's plans to try and spread homeless services across the city, rejecting calls to abandon an attempt to place one or more shelters north of downtown. The city has been trying to use bond funds to add 200...
- Grants help homeless. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/1/95, Vol. 13 Issue 18, p3
Reports that the Michigan State Housing Development Authority has granted funding to two homeless shelters in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- (HOMELESS) Oak Foundation Grants. // Children & Youth Funding Report;10/15/2010, p15
The article informs about housing and homelessness funding given by the Oak Foundation. It has been stated that since its reorganization in 1998, it has made over 1,000 grants to not-for-profit organizations. It has been stated that the foundation supports projects involved in affordable housing...
- Doubling Up: Low income Households Sheltering the Hidden Homeless. Vacha, Edward F.; Mann, Marguerite V. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep1993, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p25
The costs and benefits of sheltering the homeless experienced by "informal shelter providers " -- people who shelter their homeless friends and relatives-are investigated. The benefits of informal sheltering to the community are also examined. Informal shelter providers are among the most...
- Housing on Staten Island: "Racism is alive and well". Shabazz, Saeed // New York Amsterdam News;11/16/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 47, p16
The article describes how 70-years-old Grand Master Billy Davis, a lifelong resident of the section of Staten Island known as New Brighton in New York, is waging a war of words against a plan to place a homeless shelter in the area. Davis says that the shelter will devastate the African American...
- Report: Liberty Bond Project Developers Were Big Donors. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p4
Reports the donation of the two developers in residential towers for Liberty bond financing in New York City. Total amount of contributions; Importance of the program in special private-activity bonds for housing; Effect on the delay of bond issuance.
- Joliet College Payment Clause Triggered. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33290, p1
The article reports that the principal and interest on 14.5 million dollars of bonds issued for a housing project of Joliet Junior College in Illinois is due.
- NIBP Tweaks Give South Dakota Housing Agency a Record-Low Rate. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/20/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33385, p4
The article reports that the South Dakota Housing Development Authority has offered the lowest interest rate for homebuyers through the changes in the federal New Issue Bond Program.
- Grand forks, N.D., to issue $10.1 million in renovation effort. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;12/03/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30284, p67
Reports on the sale of at least $10.1 million in housing revenue bonds, by Grand Forks Homes Incorporated, Grand Forks, North Dakota. When the sale will be held; What the money will be used for; Comments from Terry Hanson, the city's financial director for the Office of Urban Development.