NEW YORK: No Angel?
- ENR CONSTRUCTION WEEK. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/19/99, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p7
Presents several news in the construction industry around the world as of July 19, 1999. Sentence received by the former mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico Angel Rodriguez and a local contractor for demanding kickbacks from a Hurricane Georges cleanup contractor; Parsons Transportation Group's...
- Operation rezone brings prison terms, more trials. Moore, Brenda // Planning;Oct96, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the trials related to Operation Rezone, an investigation on instances of extortion in California. Background of the investigation; Sentences given to people involved in the case.
- Proposed law aimed at disruptors. Daniels, Jeffrey // Hollywood Reporter;5/30/95, Vol. 337 Issue 23, p14
Reports on the impending vote on a California Senate bill that prohibits extortion of money from a production company in exchange for non-disruption of the production. SB 1315; Senator Hershel Rosenthal; Penalty; Brulte bill.
- Misducken identity. Chin, Paula; Fowler, Joanne // People;4/4/94, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p119
Focuses on the exploits of a German crook given the alias Dagobert, the German name for Uncle Scrooge. Standard gambit of demanding a huge sum of money and threatening to blow up a department store; Detonation of five blasts while succeeding in eluding police using an array of disguises,...
- L.A. clothing store owner kills two, police arrest five in alleged extortion try. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/20/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 117, p9
Reports that a retailer shot and killed two assailants in his Mirage Clothing & Shoe Store in Glendale, California on December 17, 1996. Arrest of five suspects in the alleged extortion attempt; Injury sustained by the retailer's relative; Part of a bigger extortion operation in the immigrant...
- High school extortion trial. // Chinatown News;4/18/94, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p24
Presents an overview of evidence that Cantonese code words were used in a high school extortion racket. Two youths pleading not guilty; One former student pleading guilty; Phrases started as slang expressions.
- 18 Chicago police sentenced in bar payoff scandal. // Advocate;1/16/74, Issue 129, p16
Reports on the sentence given to 18 Chicago, Illinois police in bar payoff scandal. Prison sentences given; Details of the case.
- Sri Lanka deports big Taiwanese extortion gang. // South Asian Post;1/13/2013, p21
The article informs that an extortion gang consisting 100 Taiwanese nationals residing in Sri Lanka were deported on December 31, 2012 who were involved in various crimes of extortion.
- FORUM: Jeffery Daniels wants museum-going to be a more selective activity. Daniels, Jeffrey // History Today;Jun83, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p3
Offers views on the need to meet the needs and wants of museum spectators. Description of museums visited; Concept of cultural blackmail; Information on the special work-sheets for children at the Geffrye Museum in London, England.