MAINE: Supplemental Fix
- Maine to repeal snack tax. O'Rourke, Kevin // Drug Store News;5/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p37
Reports on the repeal of selective tax on snack foods in Maine. Signing of the bill by Governor Angus King; Products affected by the tax.
- Revenue gain means revenue loss, according to Maine tax provision. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;06/22/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30419, p7
Cites a provision under a tax law in Maine that could force a cut in the sales tax and lead to a revenue loss reaching $120 million. Governor Augus S. King Jr.'s feelings about the possible revenue loss; Impact of revenue loss on state's credit quality; Possibility that provision would reverse...
- Snack Tax No More. Sunenblick, Jesse // Consumers' Research Magazine;May2000, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p38
Announces that Maine Governor Angus King signed a bill that repeals the snack tax of the state. Information on the tax; Criticism against the tax.
- MAINE: It's a Rainy Day. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p35
Reports that the Governor of Maine Angus King has proposed usage of the entire rainy day fund of the state to balance the budget for the fiscal year 2002-2003. Possibility of the Legislature's approval of a supplemental budget that would delay tax reductions from the rainy-day fund; Inclusion...
- Despite Warning on Credit, State-Level Issuance Seen Rising. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, NORTH EAST p11
Reports on the financial performance of Maine as of March 3, 2003. Ratings of general obligation bonds issued by the state; Revenue shortfall in the state' biennial budget; Possible impact of spending cuts in the budget.
- Maine's Sen. King endorses former foe Susan Collins. // Hill;5/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 58, p10
The article reports on the political endorsement of Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins by her one-time political opponent Senator Angus King.
- Untitled. Relf, Tim // Farmers Weekly;5/23/2008, p75
An image of Paul Moxham, Jamie Wood and Angus King, who were the winning team at the 2008 Polar Challenge race to the Magnetic North Pole, is presented.
- MAINE PILOTS INTERNET PAYMENT PROGRAM. // Government Procurement;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the use of internet payment program in Maine. Statement of Angus King, Governor of Maine; Features of the program; Effects of the program on the payment system.
- Maine Laptop Push Advances, But Eyed for Cuts. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;2/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the outlook for Maine to provide middle school students with laptop computers. Promise of Governor Angus King to protect the program from budget cuts, in light of an estimated $250 million deficit; Background on the laptop initiative; Comment of Rep. Patrick E. Colwell, Rep. Joseph...