CONNECTICUT:Longer Short Term
- Yes, Even Beverly Hills Uses Munis to Fund Improvements. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31528, p32
Reports on the use of funds raised through Mello-Roos bonds to finance streetscape improvements in Beverly Hills, California in December 2002. Key features of Mello-Roos tax bonds; Services that will be improved by the sale proceeds; Failure of a previous effort to form such an assessment...
- `Death put' helps move an otherwise plain-vanilla Indiana water bond issue. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p7
Focuses on efforts by municipal salespeople to meet retail investors' demand for high-grade bonds by selling insured, triple-A rated plain-vanilla paper. Good demand for an uncommon issue with an estate-planning feature; Bullet maturity of the bonds; Tax-exempt market; Activity in the secondary...
- Not your average Hamlet: Jupiter Island, Fla., to sell $48 million of water debt. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p28
Focuses on the plans of Jupiter Island, Florida to sell up to $48 million in revenue bonds to develop and ensure a fresh water supply. Funding for the purchase of Hobe Sound Water Co. and Hydratech Utility; Development of a bigger customer base to spread costs of building deeper, more expensive...
- Milwaukee to take bids on prison bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p32
Reports that Milwaukee County, Wisconsin will competitively bid nearly $10 million of general obligation bonds to finance construction of a 400-bed addition to a correctional facility. State's repayment of the three-year debt; Overcrowding in state prisons; County's 15-year term on debt...
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p21
Presents the results of negotiated sales of bonds across the United States as of May 4, 1999. Montebello Community Redevelopment Agency; Pomona Public Financing Authority; Palos Heights of Illinois; Jenison Public Schools of Michigan; Henry County, Ohio; Darlington County, South Carolina;...
- Results of competitive sales. Anderson, August; Cruz, Judy; Singh, Rita // Bond Buyer;05/05/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30634, p23
Presents the results of competitive sales of bonds across the United States as of May 4, 1999. Includes Springdale School District No. 50 of Arkansas; South Bay Union School District, California; City of Newton, Iowa; City of Olathe, Kansas; Knox County School District Finance Corp. of...
- Healthier Economy May Lead Des Moines to Ease Debt Limits. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/28/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30922, p4
Reports on a proposal to ease Des Moines, Iowa's debt cap, which is 70% of state-imposed limits, in view of the city's healthier economy. Need for additional financing for economic development projects; Comments by Standard & Poor's.
- Worcester blazes trail in Massachusetts with pension obligation bonds. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30518, p3
Reports that Worcester, Massachusetts will issue general obligation pension funding bonds, becoming the first municipality in the state to sell debt to erase a pension liability. Result of a legislation allowing Worcester to issue POBs; Rating.
- Stamford, Conn., Plans $35M of Mostly Taxable Bonds. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p6
The article reports on the plan of the municipality of Stamford, Connecticut to market 35 million dollar of bonds to take advantage of federal bond programs before the end of 2010.