Oklahoma Authority Signs Agreement for $200M Water Pipeline
- County will help FWSC with grant application. Cohn, Lew K. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);5/25/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the plan of FruitvÃ¡le Water Supply Corp. (WSC) to apply for a Texas Community Development Program (TCDP) Block grant to make improvements to its water system, with an assist from the Van Zandt County Commissioners Court. Terms of the sponsorship of the FruitvÃ¡le WSC...
- Even Flow. Prada, Paulo // Latin Trade (English);Nov2005, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p43
The article highlights a project of the Brazilian government to reroute SÃ£o Francisco River to provide drinking water to the northeastern Brazil in 2005. The government allocated $1.80 billion for the project. There are benefits to be gained from the rerouting, including the boosting of...
- Nevada Municipalities Consider Leasing Water System. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p32
The article reports on the plan of local government officials to lease the water system in Reno, Nevada. The government officials are considering leasing out the water system for 50 years to private operators to get upfront cash for budgetary relief. Goldman Sachs & Co. and NSB Public Finance...
- Infrastructure Grants. // Clean Water Report;10/16/2009, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p2
The article announces the infrastructure grants awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It notes that an amount of 500,000 dollars was awarded to Joplin, Missouri, to build its new Wildwood Ranch sewer system. Moreover, the new Rural Water District No.4 was also awarded of an...
- The INFRASTRUCTURE Challenge: Public-Private Partnership Offer a Solution. Young, John // Journal: American Water Works Association;Apr2007, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p56
The article discusses the massive infrastructure challenges faced by the United States. Communities across the United States face huge obstacles as they struggle to provide reliable water service in the face of aging infrastructure, growing demand and the increasing complexity of water...
- Determinants of ditch company share prices in the South Platte River Basin. Goodman, D. Jay; Howe, Charles W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p946
Presents a study which identifies the factors that determine share prices in relation to ditch companies in the United States. Information on ditch companies; Reference to the South Platte River Basin in Colorado; Determinants of ditch company share prices; Variables used in the statistical...
- Malaga on the brink. Sabbag, Gary E. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, pA19
Reports that with the addition of a town water system, Malaga in Wenatchee, Washington, is attracting interest from developers who want to put in several hundred homes and build industrial spaces. Background information on Malaga; Benefits of a water system; Sample of growing businesses in Malaga.
- Water is everybody's business. Taylor, Kathleen // New Mexico Business Journal;Oct97, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p10
Discusses that New Mexico's water problem has largely resulted from a lack of data on statewide water availability and use. Information about water supply and use; Benefits from improved water planning and management.
- City making progress on new water project. // Jackson Advocate;11/8/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p15A
The article offers information on a new project regarding upgradation of water system to be started in Jackson, Mississippi.