D.C. on a Roll With Second of Three TIF Deals
- Controversies Push Back Vote on $305M Baltimore Hotel Plan. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/11/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32171, p5
Reports on the optimism of the supporters of Baltimore's plan to sell tax-exempt revenue bonds for a 752-room convention center Hilton hotel that the city council would approve the proposal in Maryland. Payment for the bonds through a portion of the hotel's annual operating revenue;...
- Kansas Hotel Deal's Revised Structure Eases Buy-Side Concerns. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p7
Reports on the issuance of bonds for the construction of a hotel and convention center in Overland Park, Kansas. Structure of the bonds; Construction plans.
- Planned D.C. Hotel May Make Use of Tax-Exempt Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/31/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31503, p43
Reports that a multi-million dollar hotel planned for the site of a convention center in Washington D.C. will probably be financed in part with tax-exempt bonds as of October 2002. Uncertainty regarding the size of the bond offering; Possibility of a tax-increment financing of the project;...
- Meet Them in St. Louis. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p1
Reports on the bond issue of Saint Louis, Illinois for the construction of a convention center hotel. Structure of the bonds; Details of the project; Insurer of the bond issue.
- Indianapolis notes will fund delayed commercial project for downtown. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;11/24/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30527, p3
Reports that Indianapolis, Indiana will sell $85 million of limited-obligation notes to begin construction of two hotels and an office complex. Notes' refund of a $55 million term bond from a 1992 sale that advance refunded tax-increment financing bonds issued in 1988; Preparation for the...
- Denver's Arty Airport Hotel Project Could Finally Take Wing With Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/18/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33318, p6
The article reports on the plan of Denver, Colorado to construct a long-postponed hotel at Denver International Airport that would use revenue bonds to fund construction of the facility in 2010.
- With business flying up, investors eye airport hotels for yield. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;08/18/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30459, p7
Focuses on the money managers and rating agency officials' anticipation of additional construction of several airport hotels in the United States. Dauphin County General Authority's bond offering priced by Dolphin & Bradbury Inc. for the development of a Hyatt Regency hotel at the Pittsburgh...
- Denver Convention Center Hotel Agency Readies $358.5M Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/11/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32358, p28
The article reports on the sale of 358.5 million dollars of insured convention center hotel senior revenue refunding bonds by Denver Convention Center Hotel Authority bonds to remove debt issued in 2003 to fund a Hyatt hotel in Colorado. The bonds will be introduced in a term bond structure with...
- It Takes a Village. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p31
Reports on the planned bond issues of Lombard village in Illinois. Construction of hotel and convenient center; Payment of the bonds using revenues from hotel and restaurant taxes; Designation of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.