News In Brief: Chicago PMI Up To 55.7% in March
- Rand parity havoc. Beltrame, Franco // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p6
Comments on Greta Steyn's article about rand parity. Calculation of the rand parity; Indexes influencing the rand parity.
- Industry players debate study on revision of EAFE. Feinberg, Phyllis // Pensions & Investments;4/1/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the effects of the revisions made on Europe Australasia Far East Index (EAFE). Attribution of the lower excess returns of international equity managers on the changes in EAFE; Views of market analysts on the issues; Moderation of excess returns.
- THE DUN-GIBSON INDEX NUMBER. Mitchell, Wesley C. // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov10, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p161
Examines the applications of the Dun-Gibson index number for measuring the rise in prices. Comparison between the Gibson and Dun Index Numbers; Comparison between the Gibson and the Bureau of Labor index numbers; Implications for economic analysis.
- Leading indicators. // Business America;11/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 23, preceding p1
Reports on the increase in the index of leading indicators in September 1993. Money supply leading increase in indicators; Vendor performance leading fall in indicators.
- News In Brief: Non-Manufacturing ISM Index Declines. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p2
Reports that non-manufacturing business activity composite index of the Institute for Supply Management has decreased to a considerable percentage on a seasonally adjusted basis in New York. Expectations from the economists; Impact of the survey on the economy; Percentage of the employment index.
- Kansas City Fed: Activity Weak. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p2
Focuses on the manufacturing activity in the Kansas City Federal Reserve District. Comparison of index numbers for December 2001 and January 2002; Expectations for factory activity in 2002; Performance of the production and shipment indexes in January 2002.
- Aiming high. // Cabinet Maker;4/15/2005, Issue 5434, p6
Presents a chart depicting the Cabinet Maker Index in Great Britain.
- Figuring out the new indices. Stutely, Richard // Accountancy;Nov83, Vol. 94 Issue 1083, p80
Explains changes in government statistics in Great Britain. Changes in the base period used for index numbers and constant price series; Derivation of weights for the retail price index; Preparation of standard classifications.
- Consumer Sentiment Slipped in October. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32001, p2
Reports that the University of Michigan's October 2004 consumer sentiment index reading increased in Michigan.