School District's Poor Disclosure Leads One Dealer to Walk Away
- Keeping It Transparent. Sturgeon, Julie // Scholastic Administrator;Aug2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p39
The article discusses the significance of transparency of school districts in spending the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus fund for educational sector. It mentions that transparency is critical for school districts in order to meet the ARRA's financial reporting...
- Hit the Moving Target. Trainor, Charles K. // American School Board Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 196 Issue 10, p50
The article focuses on the importance of non-governmental funding sources expansion among the U.S. school districts to obtain stable financial support. The author relates that these funding sources will allow greater freedom to the district in keeping quality offerings during the economic...
- Missouri districts received $20M in 1998-99 for hardware and software. // Electronic Education Report;09/30/98, Vol. 5 Issue 18, p6
Reports that Missouri school districts have received $20 million in 1998-99 for hardware and software. Additional funding in 1997 from extra state lottery funds; Other uses of the fund.
- Philly Plans $745M Sale For Schools. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;7/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31676, p1
Focuses on plans of Philadelphia School District, Pennsylvania, to come to market in Summer 2003 with $600 million of new money and $145 million of refunding debt, which would include lease rental, general obligation bonds and variable-rate debt. Benefits to the district from the deal; Volume...
- District wants its money back from parents who enrolled children residing in other districts. // Curriculum Review;Sep95, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p3
Reports that the South Orange-Maplewood School District of New Jersey has filed a suit seeking more than $500,000 in back tuition from parents of 19 students alleged to reside in other districts.
- Ill. State Board moves to take over troubled east St. Louis schools. Schmidt, Peter // Education Week;10/26/94, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the Illinois State Board of Education's assumption of financial oversight for schools in the East St. Louis district. Plans for a six-year pattern of financial management; District debt and teacher shortage as problems of East St. Louis schools.
- OHIO: Loss for School Levies. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/10/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33563, p7
The article reports on the decision of voters to reject 17 of 23 school levy requests in special local elections held in August 2011 across Ohio.
- Budget shortfall may force state takeover of Alabama district. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;2/28/96, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the possibility of a state takeover of the Fairfield city school system of Birmingham, Alabama, due to its financial problems. March 15 deadline for the school district to fix its budget problems to avoid state intervention as per the state's accountability law.
- $5 billion `crumbling schools' initiative introduced. // American School & University;Aug96, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the proposal of United States President Bill Clinton to spend $5 billion over four years to help build new and renovate old school district buildings. `School-Construction Initiative' as response to a series of reports from US General Accounting Office (GAO); Percentage of schools...