- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields . // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p31
Presents statistics related to short term tax-exempt yields in the U.S. as of February 27, 2002. Comparison of value of commercial papers in 2001 and 2002; Comparative performance of U.S. municipal swap index in 2001 and 2002; Performance of variable rate demand in daily general market in the...
- PRP loophole closes. // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p11
Reports that the British government has revised its phasing-out of tax relief program so that employers can no longer use the program's profit-related pay (PRP) provisions to extend their tax relief eligibility.
- Dependency exemption for adult child. Zicherman, Bernard // CPA Journal;Nov93, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p68
Discusses dependency exemption that a noncustodial parent may claim. Waiver of exemption by signing a written declaration on Form 8332; Tax Court ruling in Kaechele that exemption applies only when the child is a minor; Exemption for parent that provides more than 50 percent of the support of...
- Leveraged gifts to family help you beat the tax man. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p48
Reports that giving gifts to family members during the year can assist in moving income within the family unit, providing money for educating children and grandchildren and removing income from the family estate. What the United States estate laws allow; How to avoid having the Internal Revenue...
- The future of tax-exemption for nonprofit hospitals and other health care providers. Colombo, John D.; Hall, Mark A. // Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine;Spring92, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the prospects of tax-exemption for nonprofit hospitals and other health care providers. Federal and state exemption standards; Related legislative proposals; Requirements for federal exemption.
- Tax exemption filing period announced. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/9/95, Vol. 42 Issue 41, p27
Announces the applications for senior citizen and veteran's tax exemptions for the 1996/97 filing period. When applications will be accepted; Where applications are available; Policy affecting senior citizens; Comments from Abe Seldin, chairman of the Nassau County Board of Assessors.
- Political activity by exempt organizations. Turville, Mary A. // National Public Accountant;May97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p8
Answers questions related to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax-exempt programs in the United States. Overview of the IRS programs for tax exempt organizations; Political activity of some tax-exempt organizations without being penalized.
- Financing solid waste systems Logsdon, Gene // BioCycle;Mar1990, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p35
No abstract available.
- Favorable sales taxtrends for manufacturers. // IIE Solutions;Oct95, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p6
Reports that a number of states in the United States broadened sales and use tax exemptions for manufacturers. Liberal interpretation by states of what is exempt from sales tax; Rulings in various states which demonstrate the expanding rules on what activities qualify for tax exemptions.