- Votes in San Diego Mayor's Race Favor Incumbent, But Challenger Fights On. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32016, p32
Reports that mayor's race in San Diego, California has turned against the surprising write-in challenge of political candidate Donna Frye. Rule for a write-in vote to count; Frye's consistent demand for more open city government processes after it was revealed that the city had failed to...
- MULTIPLE CHOICE. Logan, Andy // New Yorker;2/7/1977, Vol. 52 Issue 51, p101
The article focuses on local elections in New York. Governor Hugh Carey commented that it does not matter who is mayor of New York. It is said that bonds floated by the Municipal Assistance Corp. are now in demand among private investors. It is predicted that Carey and Perry Duryea, former...
- ARIZONA: Sprucing Up Scottsdale. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/6/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32580, p9
The article reports on the call of Scottsdale, Arizona Mayor Mary Manross for a bond election in 2008 to fund strategic projects during her state of the city address. The bonds would be used to finance projects like a Western museum, a desert discovery center and additional theatrical facilities...
- Alaska's Kenai Peninsula to Vote on Prison Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;7/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31183, p28
Reports the organization of a poll aimed at asking permission from the voters on Alaska's Kenai Peninsula Borough's plan to issue revenue bonds. Plan of the borough to build a privately operated state prison; Authorization of the Department of Corrections to lease the prison from the borough;...
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p6
This section offers news briefs concerning Panama, including the opposition to abolish state funding of elections, the 500-million U.S. dollar Samurai bonds issue and repeal of a law that prohibits firms partly or wholly-owned by foreign governments from investing in the mining industry.
- ISD Panel Urges GO Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/16/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33566, p9
The article reports on the call for a general obligation bond election in San Antonio, Texas by the citizens planning advisory committee of the North East Independent School.
- Upcoming Oro Valley elections revolve around bond questions. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;3/11/96, Vol. 5 Issue 50, p1
Reports on upcoming elections for three vacant spots in the Town Council of Oro Valley, Arizona that revolve around the issue of bonds for new parks, open space and trails. Position of candidate Matt Moutafis on the bond package; Position of other candidates.
- ARKANSAS: STAR Bonds Fail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/13/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33812, p7
The article reports that the bond-financed economic development districts of Arkansas got failed due to lack of votes as only 43 percent voters have supported the district in the recent election of the year 2012.