- Voters reject lottery. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p2A
Reports on Alabama voters' rejection of Governor Don Siegelman's proposal to create s statewide lottery to generate funds for education. Projected annual revenues from the proposed lottery.
- Governor's gamble comes up short as Alabama voters reject lottery. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/14/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30747, p3
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman will have to come up with a plan to generate funds for education after voters rejected his proposal to create a statewide lottery. Projected amount in lottery revenues planned to be used to back state debt to be generated by the scrapped lottery...
- Universities fight cuts. // State Government News;Apr2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p9
Reports that the attorneys for Alabama universities have asked the state Supreme Court to block the plan of Governor Don Siegelman to make more funding cuts in higher education than in K-12 schools. Amount of Alabama's deficit in education funding; Actions taken by the Alabama Supreme Court.
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.
- Alabama rejects lottery. // State Government News;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p6
Reports on voters' rejection of the lottery plan of Alabama Governor Don Siegelman on October 12, 1999. Annual income that would be generated by the proposed lottery; Purpose of the lottery plan.
- Debate Grows as Alabama Lottery Vote Nears. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;10/06/99, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p22
Focuses on a debate on whether to create a state lottery for Alabama as the October 12 voting nears. Statements from the supporters of the Alabama plan; Arguments from the opponents; Expectation for the Alabama lottery; Efforts made by Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman on his campaign for the plan.
- The Curious Case of Don Siegelman. Kennedy, Mimi // Progressive Populist;12/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p20
The article discusses the case of Don Siegelman as a miscarriage of justice and cites a presidential pardon petition launched by Dana Siegelman for her father after he was put in solitary confinement often making it difficult for family, friends and media to see him.
- Alabama Debates School Reforms As Deadline Nears for Ending Cuts. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p37
Reports on the plan to restore to K-12 schools in Alabama their share of the 266 million dollars that has been cut from state aid to education. Line item veto used by Governor Don Siegelman for the K-12 schools.