Aging West Virginia Keeps Hitting the Lottery for Schools
- For 1st time in 17 years, Chicago to sell bonds for school facilities. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;4/24/96, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p8
Reports that the Chicago school district is selling bonds that will pay for the renovation and building of schools. Improvement of the districts finances since its bankruptcy in 1979.
- Mansfield School District Planning for a Texas-Sized GO Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31057, p3
Reports on a proposal by trustees for the Mansfield, Texas Independent School District for a March 2001 general obligation bond (GO) referendum. Plans for financing a construction program for the school system; GO bonds sold in 1999; Supplemental projects in the proposal; Planned construction of...
- Weathering the Storm. Agron, Joe // American School & University;Jan2008, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the efforts of educational institutions in issuing school bonds to address infrastructure needs, rising prices, material and labor shortages in Texas. It is expressed that Clark County District proposes $7 billion and $2.5 billion bonds to finance the construction of 73...
- Colorado School Districts Likely To Place Record Requests on Ballot. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/19/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31951, p1
Reports on the likely request of general obligation bond authorizations by the school districts in Colorado. Solicitation of budget for the remodeling of school buildings; Observation of the school bond issuance; Commitment of the school district to a bond referendums.
- School Bond Plan Shelved as Calif. Session Ends. Keller, Bess // Education Week;9/26/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p22
Reports that California legislators have shelved a referendum for a school bond plan. Allocation of government funds for the construction of school buildings; Expansion of aid to low-performing schools; Extension of time before the state intervenes such schools.
- New High School in Mason, Ohio, Will Be Shared by City Residents. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;01/30/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31066, p4
Reports on the construction of a high school building in Mason, Ohio. Financing of the construction through the issuance of bonds; Possible use of the building by the community.
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p29
Reports on the approval of the use of school bonds for the renovations and other improvements of school buildings in Connecticut and New York State as of January 30, 2001.
- Calif. school district puts $512 million bond on March ballot. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/29/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30758, p3
Reports that the governing board of the Oakland Unified School District voted on October 27, 1999, to put a $512 million bond proposal on the March 1999 ballot. Plan to use the bond issues' proceeds to pay for additional schools to relieve overcrowding and improve facilities.
- Iowa school-building boom may yield little in way of bonds. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p44
Reports on the planned bond sales in Iowa for school construction project. Possible use of a local-option sales tax; Opportunity to avoid the interest costs associated with a bond issue.