Newer Munis Provide Local Control, But Not Necessarily Lower Bills
- Gas market needs to get up steam. MacFarlane, Ian // BRW;3/2/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p17
The article comments on the initiative to establish a national gas market in Australia. Government planners are still considering about pricing and regulations for the sector. The National Electricity Market Management Co. is expected to handle the national distribution process and the spot...
- If not capitalism, what? // Red Pepper Magazine;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 163, p25
The article focuses on the idea of transforming banks into public utilities. It mentions that because of the economic crisis, banks tend to seek help from the government to prevent any bankruptcy. It states that the crisis also provides the path to reconsider the renewal of radical politics...
- Best laid plans going astray? Milne, Roger // Utility Week;2/26/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p9
The article discusses the consultation on the draft energy National Planning Statements (NPSs) in Great Britain. The consultation ended on February 22, 2010. Unless significant changes to the final versions of the NPSs are made, environment group Friends of the Earth warns of the possibility of...
- The Progressive Conference. // New Republic;3/25/31, Vol. 66 Issue 851, p137
Presents an insight to the conference of progressives held in Washington. View that the very existence of the conference was an impressive symptom of the state of the commonwealth; List of people present in the conference included many of the representative figures of the country; Opinion of the...
- Strategy for more Tourism Dollars. Coventry, Nigel // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p70
Reports on developments related to tourist trade industry in New Zealand. Enhancement of Tourism New Zealand; Establishment of a Ministry of Tourism; Reduction of the number of tourism organizations.
- Problems of Market Transformation of the Kazakh Economy. Koshanov, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Feb95, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p5
Examines the macroeconomic reorganization of Kazakhstan to aid its transition to a market economy. Transformation of state properties through conversion to joint stock companies; Creation of a network of commercial banks; Importance of an open economy to the country.
- Malaysia's Investment Black Hole. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1
Reports the concerns on the plans of the government to construct a hydroelectric dam on the island of Borneo. Fears on the over-investment and fiscal recklessness of Malaysia; Impression of environmentalists on the dam; Percentage of gross national saving from the Gross Domestic Product.
- Government delays could harm IT skills initiatives. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;4/4/2002, p3
Reports the delay on the government plan to reform the National Training Organizations in Great Britain. Apprehension on the withdrawal of employer support on information technology training initiatives; Decline of the training projects; Loss of credibility.
- 4 executives will discuss bold plans for New York. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p15
Reports on the featuring of four executives with plans for improving New York City's economic prospects on January 16, 2003 at Crain Communications Inc.'s breakfast titled 'Revitalizing New York.' Professional profile of the executives being featured; Contact information for the event.