Wisconsin Judge Consolidates Heartland Investor Suit
- Troubles again as investors sue HCA. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;08/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p18
Reports on a lawsuit filed against HCA-The Health Care Co. by minority investors in a health-related cable television network who allege that the hospital chain reneged on a promise to invest millions of dollars in the cable chain. Details on the deal; Plaintiffs of the lawsuit; Other...
- Judge to investors: "It's your own fault.". Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;8/22/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the U.S. district court judge dismissal of class action suits filed against brokerage firm, Merrill Lynch and Co. by investors claiming that the firm issued tainted reports that lured them into making disastrous investment decisions. Court recommendation for investors to seek for...
- Investors Take Fight To Brokerage Firms. Dettmer, Jamie // Insight on the News;7/22/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p55
Focuses on a partial settlement for a lawsuit filed by investors against U.S. brokerage firms for allegedly rigging initial public offerings of stock during the dotcom boom. Number of brokerage firms involved in the suit.
- See You in Court. McKenna, Ted // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2002, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p14
Reports the search of law firms for plaintiffs to join class-action suits filed on behalf of telecommunication investors in the U.S. Accounting practices of telecommunication investors; List of technology companies facing investor lawsuits; Decline of telecommunication stock prices.
- HOLDING THE LINE ON INVESTOR LAWSUITS. Zeller, Shawn // National Journal;7/27/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p2255
Provides information on investor and shareholder lawsuits in the U.S. Stand of trial lawyers on the accounting reform legislation; Concerns and demands of trial lawyers; Statute of limitations on securities fraud; Brief information on various corporate civil litigations.
- The Napster saga. Freel, Mark W.; Olson, Carrie Webb // Westchester County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p30
Reports on the possibility for private equity investors to be held liable for the infringing activities of their portfolio companies in the U.S. Impact of the Napster Inc. litigation on investors; Lawsuits filed by plaintiff record labels against the venture capital firms and investors that...
- U.S. District Judge Approves $14 Million Partial Settlement of Heartland Lawsuit. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31431, p33
Reports the approval of the court on the partial settlement of the class action lawsuit filed by investors against Heartland Group in the U.S. Business losses of the company; Details of the case; Failure to provide audited financial statements.
- Write-off on the Range. Ring, Ray // High Country News;5/30/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the use of conservation easements by conservation developer Reid Rosenthal to serve his clients and help the land in Montana. Significance of conservation easements to investors; Views of Steve Small, a Boston, Massachusetts-based lawyer who wrote the bedrock tax code on easements in...
- Blockbuster Shareholder Sues Over Planned Spinoff. Wagner, Holly J. // Video Store Magazine;3/21/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the decision of Howard Vogel, an investor of Blockbuster Video, to file a lawsuit against the company and Viacom Inc. after announcing their plan to sell the video rental chain. Plans of the companies; Directors and corporate officers involved in the case; Allegations of Vogel...