Cash-Strapped Nassau County, N.Y., Approves a $2.2 Billion 2002 Budget
- Term limits: A cure for budget futility. // Crain's New York Business;06/14/99, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p8
Reports that the New York State Legislature failed to meet the legal deadline for passing a budget. Ceiling for appropriations for government programs; Background on the political system and leadership of the state; Manner of resolving issues; Proposed solution for the budget issue; Need for...
- The tangled web. Mooneyham, Scott // Business North Carolina;Mar2014, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p32
The article talks about the plan of the North Carolina legislature to bring some uniformity to municipal privilege taxes. Topics discussed include overhaul of the state's tax structure in 2013, privilege tax on a business' gross receipts, and how the tax contributes to the coffers of individual...
- City budget OK'ed. Barker, Cyril Josh // New York Amsterdam News;6/25/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p3
The article reports that New York City Councilman Charles Barron is satisfied with the city budget, but thinks the city could do more and hit the pockets of millionaires. The 60 billion dollars budget saves many services that were slated to get cuts, including the fire department, the...
- Alabama Legislature Passes 2016 Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F336, p1
The Alabama Legislature late Wednesday approved a state budget for the fiscal year that begins Oct. 1 after making structural changes aimed at stabilizing the general fund.
- Budget session on July 27: Mamata. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);7/6/2013, p1
The article focuses on the announcement made by Chief minister of West Bengal, India Mamata Banerjee regarding the extended budget session of the Assembly, that will start on July 27, 2013 to pass the departmental budgets. It mentions that the government has announced July 29, 2013 as the date...
- Cut, Don't Tax . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports that the Californians prefer to reduce the state budget to raising taxes. Proposal of Governor Gray Davis to reduce his budget up to 15 percent.
- Budget Repair. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p35
Reports on the endorsement of a budget-repair plan by Democrat-controlled Senate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Provision under the retirement package; Details of the budget-repair proposal by Republican Governor Scott McCallum; Usability of the budget plans.
- Building M&D `from the ground up' Langford, Bert // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;01/01/98, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p39
Opinion. Offers advice on how to organize and budget manufacturing and distribution (M&D) budgets. How to design the budget.
- Municipal budgets. // BusinessWest;Jun97 Resource Guide, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
Provides information on the municipal budgets in Western Massachusetts for 1997. Municipality; Population; School expenditures; Total expenditures; Per capita income; Operating costs; Includes Agawam; Amherst; Belchertown.