CIFA Seeks Removal of Arbitrage Restrictions for Water SRF Bonds
- Private Sector Funding Options for Water Infrastructure. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Sep2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p4
The article argues on the paper which was developed by American Water related to private sector funding or private capital options for the development of municipal water infrastructure industry that would increase private investment in water and wastewater systems in the U.S.
- Tanzania: Bukoba Rural Gets Sh 416.8 million for Water Projects. // World Energy News;5/17/2013, p17
The article reports on the approved funding for the water projects in Tanzania's Bukoba Rural constituency for 2012-2013, according to Kassim Majaliwa, Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (RALG).
- Dallas City Council Hears From Foes Of Proposed East Texas Water Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31796, p5
Reports on opposition to a $1.7 billion reservoir and pipeline system in East Texas designed to meet the growing water needs of the growing Dallas-Fort Worth area. Complaints of the environmentalist Sierra Club members; Property owners in the Sulphur River valley whose land would be flood;...
- Regional water authority outlook runs hot and cold. HALCOM, CHAD // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p0001
The article discusses the money that the regional Great Lakes Water Authority can raise to fund water and sewer systems improvements in metro Detroit, Michigan. Topics covered include the authority's legacy bond debt, the ability to issue bonds via the Michigan Finance Authority, and the...
- States Begin The Big Push. Ichniowski, Tom; Hunter, Pam // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/2/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the U.S. stimulus program on public works contracts. According to the article, the administration decided that states will receive about $40 billion of the stimulus measure's estimated $130 billion in construction-related funds. It also explains that state Department of...
- Money Talks. Mastaglio, Linda // ENR: Engineering News-Record;2/22/2016, pW1
The article offers information related to the water supply and wastewater treatment in the U.S. including the legislation lifting the ban on using tax-exempt bonds with loans under the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) and the development of methods in recycling water due...
- Planes, trains, auto mobiles. Walker, Chris // Money (14446219);Sep2002, p40
Reports on privatized infrastructure financing in Australia. Information on investment choices; Details on price caps; Characteristics of infrastructure projects.
- A market of almost unlimited potential. Sheldon, Geoff // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p46
Discusses infrastructure spending in Asia. Growth of the middle class as it relates to pressure on housing, sport and recreation facilities; Main importers of infrastructure services; Medium term outlook.
- How not to stimulate the economy. Bartlett, Bruce // Public Interest;Summer93, Issue 112, p99
Looks into the results of the curious phenomenon of the policies of ten American presidents from Bill Clinton backwards of pushing for public works-based stimulus programs even when economic recession has been over. Keynesian economics of using public works to jump-start the economy; Truman...