Composite effects of extrinsic motivation on work effort: case of Korean employees
- Motivation, your business and your career. RYAN, BILL // New Hampshire Business Review;9/10/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p20
In this article the author discusses the importance for business enterprises to motivate employees and also offers suggestions for employers on how to enhance the motivation levels of employees.
- Paying Off. // Promo;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p67
Reports on the motivation programs of employers for employees to cope up with the economic recession in the U.S. Increase in the number of companies with an active employee recognition program; Adjustment of employee motivation programs to the economic climate by the Incentive Marketing...
- News briefs. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/31/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p4
Presents business news briefs in Fairfield County, Connecticut as of January 31, 2000. Includes the importance of spending money to keep employees motivated, according to David Buda, executive vice president of Tzell Travel; Providing of flexible work conditions to employees; Increase in the...
- A Brand New Day. Wolter, Romanus // Entrepreneur;Mar2005, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p134
Provides tips on how to get and stay motivated in business. Appreciation of the tasks you have made to move your business forward; Creation of an outcome-oriented task list for the next day; Importance of taking time to invest in yourself and visualizing your achievement.
- BESPOKE BONUS. Hackett, David // Marketing Week;5/3/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p45
Focuses on the impact of employee motivation on the internal marketing of companies in Great Britain. Failure of companies to understand worker psychology; Utilization of internal marketing for increasing profitability; Disadvantages of a pure employee incentive system; Importance of praised...
- Competency pay brings better skills. // People Management;08/13/98, Vol. 4 Issue 16, p15
Reports that skills-based pay is being used by a majority of firms in the United Kingdom to boost staff motivation and bridge the competencies gap. Findings of a survey of employers regarding their views on competency-based remuneration; Reason for its growing usage.
- The way the world of work is moving. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;9/28/2001, p74
Focuses on the effect of United States terrorist attacks on business operation in South Africa. Renumeration strategies to increase work motivation and career enhancement among staff workers; Changes in employee fringe benefits; Restructuring of the traditional staff payment with performance...
- What's the score at your company? // Treasury & Risk Management;Sep2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on the impact of the Metrics Manager v2, a scorecard product for corporate performance management from Cognos Inc. on employees of companies of in the U.S. Effort of firms to motivate their employees ; Benefits from the product; Design of the system.
- Five tests for spotting initiative. Pollock, Ted // Electric Light & Power;Mar2002, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p34
Reports the guidelines in choosing the right person to do the job in the U.S. Lack of achievement in torrents of words; Qualities of a right person; Public opinion in choosing the right person.