Governance structures in strategic alliances: transaction cost versus resource-based perspective
- Making Strategic Alliances Work. Pietras, Thomas; Stormer, Christian // Business & Economic Review;Jul-Sep2001, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p9
Presents guidelines for successful strategic business alliances. Analysis of formal assessment processes; Consideration of legal structure choice and alliance of partners; Creation of governance rules; Establishment of monitoring process.
- Alliances and Fast-Growth Companies. // Practical Accountant;Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers on the participation of fast-growth companies in alliances. Types of alliances; Sectors where fast-growth companies participating in alliances are most active.
- Dangerous Liaisons. Tapsell, Sherrill // New Zealand Management;Nov99, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on strategic alliances. Years Westinghouse Electric and Mitsubishi have been corporate allies; Number of alliances formed worldwide; Growth rate of strategic alliances; Types of alliances; When should a company consider entering an alliance; Reasons behind strategic alliances.
- Beats the Hell Out of a Scented Candle. // Yachting;Sep2008, Vol. 204 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the collaboration of French champagne house Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin and boats builder Riva on a limited edition gift set.
- News in brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;10/08/99, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p5
Reports on business developments in New Hampshire as of October 8, 1999. Alliance between Booth Creek Resorts and Southwest Airlines to boost winter tourism; Delays in the opening of the state's prison in Berlin due to insufficient funds for prison guard training; Pledge from 23 colleges and...
- Joining Forces. Durkalski, Esther // Paperboard Packaging;Apr2001, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p44
Discusses issues on establishing strategic alliances by smaller independents. Components of the alliances; Reason many companies joined alliances; Ways companies can reduce costs.
- THE IMPACT OF E-BUSINESS TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS ON MOTIVATION AND PERFORMANCE OF STRATEGIC ALLIANCES. Tian Xie, Frank; Johnston, Wesley J. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 13, p120
The joint effort by the big three automakers to form an alliance to consolidate their suppliers and the breakup of centennial strategic partnership between Ford and Firestone under current e-business technological environment draw renewed attention to the motivation, formation, and performance...
- The only way to compete now is with an alliance. Mazur, Laura // Marketing (00253650);2/15/2001, p20
Opinion. Focuses on the importance of alliances for marketing companies in order to compete in the industry in Great Britain. Accounts of a partnership where the staff of respective partners argue and fight every meeting; Changes in the job of marketers over the years; Purpose of companies in...
- Consultants Speak Out. Wolosky, Howard W. // Practical Accountant;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p37
Presents advice from top consultants of accounting firms on issues that confront small to medium-size firms such as associations and alliances, compensation, marketing, technology and mergers. Tips for selecting business partners; Changes in compensation packages; Evaluation of the success of a...