Survivors in Start-up War Say Winning Lies in Evolution, Not Revolution
- The MuniCenter to Provide Document Disclosure on Site. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p38
Focuses on the plan of an electronic bond trading platform MuniCenter to incorporate disclosure of documents into its web site MuniDocs Online. Other companies that have incorporated disclosure documents to their bond trading platform; Benefits of document disclosing utility to investors; Plans...
- Monday's Data. // Bondbuyer.com;8/3/2015, p1
A statistics is presented which shows the government data which includes Securities Prices, Municipal Bond and the MuniCenter list.
- The Trading Floor. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p6
Reports on the developments related to bond market in the U.S. as of December 18, 2001. Change of office space by SWS Securities Inc.; Appointment of sales executives in SWS Securities; Reasons behind the change in office space by the MuniCenter, an electronic bond trading platform specializing...
- Schwab Blasts SMMP Concept; ICI Wants Proposal Revised. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p4
Reports the rejection of the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to exclude retail investors from electronic trading network in Washington D.C. Problem on creating regulatory incentives; Growth of online trading; Reduction of regulatory obligations.
- Not so many trading `live wires'. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;09/10/99, p15
Focuses on Internet-based securities trading in South Africa as of September 10, 1999. Online securities brokerages' failure to attract customers; Background on online securities brokerages' marketing strategies.
- Retail brokers in the doldrums. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;01/26/2001, p56
Examines the performance of online stockbrokers in South Africa. Losses by Tradek; Decline in revenues of Barnard Jacobs Mellet; Decline in trading levels; Decline in number of clients signing up with online brokers; Margin trading facilities by PSG Online; Need for online brokers to offer a...
- Open outcry and electronic trading in futures exchanges. // Bank of Canada Review;Spring99, p21
Compares open outcry and electronic trading in an attempt to determine their relative advantages. Mechanics of the two systems; Levels of automation used by the futures exchanges; Conclusion.
- Options system ruled not an exchange. // Corporate Board;May/Jun90, Vol. 11 Issue 62, p25
Reports on US Securities and Exchange Commission's ruling stating that an electronic trading system for options on government securities is not an exchange under securities law. Vehicle for the creation of private systems to help buyers and sellers trade securities or options; Ruling in favor of...
- Cyber wars erupt over brokers' Web fees. L.B. // Christian Science Monitor;11/17/97, Vol. 89 Issue 246, pB5
Answers two questions related to electronic investing in securities. How the costs of online trading compare to a traditional brokerage; The kind of computer necessary for online trading.