NEWS IN BRIEF
- Chicago Fed: State Policy Drove Michigan Locals to Fiscal Crisis. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/31/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F342, p30
The article discusses a 2014 report from the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago on the trends in state revenue sharing to local governments (LG) in Michigan. Topics covered in the report include the state aid cuts experienced by local LG since 2003, the pressure brought by the economic downturns on...
- Chicago Fed to name new president. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/22/94, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p38
Reports on the expected announcement by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago of a new president. Likely candidates.
- Chicago Fed Activity Index Drops to Negative 0.87. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/25/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33787, p2
The article reports that as per Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, the Chicago Fed national activity index of U.S. for August 2012 declined to negative 0.87 points from a revised negative 0.12 from July 2012.
- Midwest Growth Weakened in September. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33805, p2
The article informs that according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Midwest Economy Index (MEI) of Chicago, Illinois has declined by 0.51 percent in September 2012.
- Lessening burdens. Britt, Phil // America's Community Banker;Jul96, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on the theme of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago's 1996 conference on bank structure and competition. Necessity of bank holding companies; Regulation on maintained adequate capital; Retention of current holding company rules; Comparison between the number of holding companies with the...
- Chicago Fed Index Narrows to -0.32. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33237, p2
The article reports that national activity index of Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago has decreased as of November 2009 in Illinois.
- Chicago Fed Nat'l lndex Drops to Negative 0.23. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/23/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33899, p2
The article focuses on a report released by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Illinois that shows the Federal National Activity Index of Chicago has slipped to negative 0.23 reading in March 2013.
- Chicago Fed Nat'l Index Drops to Negative 0.53. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33915, p2
The article focuses on a report released by Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, Illinois, that shows Chicago Federal National Activity Index has slipped to negative 0.53 in April 2013.
- Chicago Fed plans remote check processing facility. // Region (10453369);Jun95, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p42
Reports that the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago has leased space from the Greater Peoria Airport Authority for a remote check processing facility. Expectations from the facility; Support mechanisms for the facility.