Seattle Rail Debt Plan OK'd, Barely
- Seattle Monorail Project Puts Off $1B Sale to Tie Up Costs, Legislation. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p31
Reports that the billion dollar bonds that were expected to finance the Seattle Monorail Project would be priced in early 2004. Purpose behind the postponement of pricing the bonds; Tax that is expected to raise multi-billion dollars to pay for the bonds; Attempt by the legislature to clarify...
- Seattle Weighs $1.7B Bond-Backed Monorail Plan for November Vote. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31446, p4
Reports the bond-backed monorail plans of Seattle City Council in San Francisco, California. Renovation and expansion of the existing one-mile monorail system; Increment of funds for the lightrail system; Formulation of the monorail plans.
- Treasurer Urges Caution in Seattle Monorail Issue. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p4
Reports that the Washington state treasurer Michael J. Murphy has recommended a scaled-down initial debt offerings to fund a monorail project in the state. Reasons for the move; Details of the project; Amount of funds required to fund the project.
- BONDS APPROVED FOR EXTENSION OF LAS VEGAS MONORAIL SYSTEM. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;09/11/2000, Vol. 245 Issue 10, p20
Reports the approval of tax-free bonds for the construction of an extended monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the monorail extension; Information on the construction costs; Addition of five stations to the project.
- All Aboard for $650 Million Las Vegas Strip Monorail Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;09/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30975, p6
Focuses on the bond deal among investors and institutions to build a monorail in Las Vegas, Nevada. Details on the pricing of the tier loan; Notion on the risks in bond deals; Issuance of bonds by the Nevada Department of Business and Industry; Description of the monorail system.
- Future Remains Cloudy for Las Vegas' Beleaguered Monorail. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;10/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32000, p5
Reports that no restart date is set for the beleaguered Las Vegas Monorail which was shut down when a metal chunk fell off a moving train. Concern on the possible consequence of an extended closure; Closure after service resumed following a six-day shutdown; Issuance of the bonds in 2000 through...
- U.S. Voters Decide Myriad Fiscal Matters. Shields, Yvette; Albanese, Elizabeth; Carvlin, Elizabeth; DeSue, Tedra; Kelemen, Jasmina; O'Brien, Elizabeth; Saskal, Rich; Sigo, Shelly; Watts, Jim; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on public finance-related measures in the November 2004 elections throughout the U.S. Impact of the bond disclosure and pensions problems in San Diego, California, on the outcome of the mayoralty election; Voting on a measure related to a monorail project in Seattle, Washington; Vote for...
- On Pins and Needles. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p1
Reports on the approval of the plan to build a 14-mile elevated urban monorail despite criticisms in Seattle, Washington. Concern of the public over the terms for bond financing; Question of critics on the need for extended financing and the possibility that non-investment-grade debt may be...
- Monorail back on track -- or is it? O'Reiley, Tim // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/4/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the effect of the Las Vegas, Nevada-based Las Vegas Monorail's failure to operate after it has filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding in May 2012. It states that the bankruptcy eliminate the 98% of the original bonds of the nonprofit monorail, but, investors have recouped...