Show Them the MONY
- On pace to conversion. // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p62
Focuses on New York, New York-based MONY Group Inc.'s plan to convert to a publicly held company.
- Advest Shareholders OK Sale to Mony. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;11/28/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 227, p11
Reports that the shareholders of Advest Group Inc. have approved a deal to sell it to Mony Group Inc.
- Mullane Tabbed As Advest's New CEO. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p7
Reports on the appointment of Daniel J. Mullane, president of Hartford, Connecticut-based Advest Inc., a unit of financial services firm MONY Group Inc., as chief executive officer of Advest. Replacement of Grant Kurtz who is retiring in July 2004; Kurtz's position as chairman emeritus and adviser.
- Business matters ... // Business Journal (Central New York);01/28/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
Presents business-related news items from central New York, compiled in the week of January 28, 2000. Includes possible location for a Starbucks Coffee Co. outlet in Syracuse; MONY Group Inc.'s stock repurchase program; Bids awarded by the New York State Office of General Services.
- Highlands Releases Statement Critical Of MONY's 'Continued Campaign' Against Dissident Shareholders' // Insurance Advocate;4/19/2004, Vol. 115 Issue 15, p36
Reports on Highfields Capital Management LP's reaction to the campaign of MONY Group Inc. against shareholders who oppose the sale of MONY to AXA Financial Inc. in the United States. Percentage of MONY share owned by Highfields; Highfields' decision to mail proxy card to MONY shareholders;...
- MONY And AXA Change Deal Terms. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p7
Reports that shareholder pressure has pushed the MONY Group Inc., New York, and AXA Financial Inc., to change the terms of the merger agreement. Agreement between AXA Financial and Mony to pay MONY managers multimillion dollars in change in control (CIC) compensation; Response of the members of...
- Mony Puts Off Vote On Axa Bid to Buy It. // American Banker;2/24/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 36, p12
The Mony Group Inc. shareholder vote on its planned sale to the French insurer Axa SA has been postponed until May 18, the New York company said on Monday. Many big Mony shareholders have questioned whether the company's board got a deal price equal to the company's true value. The shareholder...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;12/5/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p1
The article presents news briefs related to business enterprises in New York. New York City could see a substantial decline in its tort costs in coming years. The number of personal injury claims filed in the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2005 fell 8%, to 14,621. More than one-fifth of the...
- Business Matters. // Business Journal (Central New York);09/01/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p2
Reports on developments related to business enterprises in Central New York as of September 1, 2000. Acquisition agreement between The MONY Group Inc. and The Advest Group Inc.; Recognition given to the New York State Electric and Gas Corp.; Merits of the case 'Partridge v. State of New York';...