Bloomberg's Plan: $3 Billion in Public Funds on Housing Units
- Councils fix housing deal. // Planning (14672073);2/13/2009, Issue 1805, p2
The article discusses the agreement among fourteen boroughs in London, England, for a three-year affordable housing delivery target in England. It cites that at least 20,500 more affordable homes have been identified despite the nineteen boroughs who have yet to agree their target. According to...
- Mayor ready to delegate more power to boroughs. // Estates Gazette;5/23/2009, Issue 920, p30
The article reports on the decision of London, England mayor Boris Johnson to implement his plans to delegate more power to local boroughs in order to increase the delivery of affordable homes, under his revised draft housing strategy. The delegation of power would be patterned after a French...
- N.J. city seks privatization offers. // Waste News;12/09/96, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p6
States that borough official in Rutherford requested that private hauling companies submit proposals prices on garbage pickup and other services which are provided by their Public Work Department, to compare them to the city's cost. Financial information on the borough.
- Five in one: The boroughs of NYC. Heidgen, Mary Ellen; Placksin, Sally // Cobblestone;Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p4
Provides information on the boroughs in New York City. Unification of the boroughs; Founding of New Amsterdam; Naming of Staten Island.
- Cities within the city. // Crain's New York Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 33/34, p0020
The article presents a comparison of New York's boroughs such as Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens.
- Race to replace Ruth becoming crowded affair. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/25/96, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the mayoral campaign in Manhattan, New York, for the position of borough president. Information on elections' participants; Information on Assemblywoman Deborah Glick, of Greenwhich Village, the only open gay member of the state Legislature.
- Boroughs lose claim to subsidy. // Public Finance;5/27/94, p3
Reports that six London boroughs which attempted to force the government to pay housing revenue account subsidy on ...223m of residual GLC housing debt have lost their House of Lords case. Ruling of the House of Lords for Enfield, Greenwich, Lewisham, Tower Hamlets, Wandsworth and...
- Borough presidents seek their own revival. Robaton, Anna // Crain's New York Business;9/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p23
Reports on how New York City's five borough presidents try to regain lost power through economic projects and by luring firms. Elimination of the Board of Estimate in 1989; Undertakings involving advocacy; Implications of a bill passed by state legislators creating industrial development...
- Mayor rejects London rent caps plea. Carpenter, Jamie // Planning (14672073);9/6/2013, Issue 1966, p10
The article reports that London, England Mayor Boris Johnson has rejected the proposal of inspector Geoff Salter to delete alterations to the strategic London Plan on social housing. It says that the changes to the London Plan will prohibit setting of rent caps in boroughs. According to London...