TIF Bonds Should Be an Option for N.Y.C., Says TBMA Official
- County approves bond issue for TIF project near airport. Crompton, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);8/12/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 17, pB2
The article reports on the approval of the issuance of tax-increment financing (TIF) district bonds for plans of about three million dollar worth of improvements to a road section of Spokane International Airport in Spokane County, Washington. It notes that the improvements are designed to...
- Indy Council Committee Advances Controversial TIF Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/4/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33775, p1
The article offers information that a major city-county council committee has approved a plan to expand the large and lucrative downtown tax-increment financing district of Indianapolis, Indiana. The expansion would progress approximately 50 million U.S. dollars economic development project...
- Developer seeks tax help for shopping center. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;7/27/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 30, pA1
The article reports on the plan of Summit Development Group, owner of the Deer Creek shopping center, to ask the local government of Maplewood, Missouri to grant tax increment financing and community improvement designation, which is believed to be needed for the renovation of the center.
- Crowne Plaza bidder would close hotel for two years. MILLER, JAY // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p0001
The article focuses on the possible closure of the 36-year-old Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland City Centre in Cleveland, Ohio due to mechanical problems caused by neglect. It mentions that Sage Hospitality Inc. of Denver has partnered with Optima Management Co. of Miami to buy the hotel out of...
- Urban renewal in Fort Collins' Midtown. ARMBRISTER, MOLLY // Northern Colorado Business Report;1/25/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p5
The article discusses the redevelopment project in the two Urban Renewable Areas in Midtown Fort Collins, Colorado. It mentions that the project involves 1254 million U.S. dollars in private investment, 19 million U.S. dollars in tax increment financing and 34 million U.S. dollars in tax...
- TIF Time? Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p29
Reports on the legislation allowing the use of tax increment financing for redevelopment purposes in West Virginia. Procedures in holding public hearings; Ways to amortize debt to pay off bonds; Opportunity to attract business investments.
- The Trouble With TIFs. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31479, p1
Reports issues concerning the tax increment financing for transportation improvements in Manhattan, New York City. Development of plan for specific improvements in the area; Increase in the property tax revenue from assessed property in the district; Implications of the bond having not been...
- OPINION. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p10
Comments on the need for a tax increment financing at Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Proposition of tax incrementation from the White administration; Allocation of property taxes for street improvement; Encouragement of prospective of investors.
- The city that TIFs: Too much of a good thing? // Crain's Chicago Business;07/14/97, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p10
Opinion. Discusses Chicago's use of the tax-increment financing (TIF) program. Impact of TIF on the city's fiscal health; Location of Chicago's taxing districts; Operations of the TIF program.