Fahnestock to Purchase CIBC Asset Management Division
- Va. Gas Could Climb on the Block. Liebs, Anthony // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;06/14/99, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p5
Announces the decision of Virginia Gas Company (VGC) in retaining CIBC Oppenheimer as its financial advisor. Plans of the company to expand its bottom line; Comments from Will Clear, chief financial officer at VGC; 1999 first quarter revenue of the company; Financial risks that the company is...
- Fahnestock May Opt for Oppenheimer Name. Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the plan of Fahnestock and Co. to change its name to Oppenheimer, as of February 2003. Reasons behind the move; Background of the company; Acquisition of CIBC Oppenheimer Private Client Division by Fahnestock.
- CIBC-OpCo nabs top solly banker to run real estate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/09/98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p6
Presents information on the recruitment of Edward Carey by CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation to build a dedicated real estate investment banking presence for the firm. Where he was employed before; What his position in the company is; Information on some of the deals that he has been a part of;...
- CIBC Oppenheimer not slowed by parent's deal. Tarquino, J. Alex // American Banker;4/24/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 77, p19
States that hiring and expansion plans are being undertaken by executives at CIBC Oppenheimer Corporation despite the pending merger of the bank with Toronto-Dominion Bank. Background information on Toronto-Dominion; Details on the loans leveraged by CIBC and Toronto-Dominion jointly; Comments...
- Buyout fortifies Fahnestock's Michigan role. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;07/23/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30193, p3
Reports on Fahnestock Viner Holdings Inc.'s completion of its stock purchase of First of Michigan Capital Corp. in a deal valued at close to $3.7 billion. Impact of buyout to Fahnestock & Co.; Status of Fahnestock Co.
- RUMBLINGS. // Crain's Detroit Business;9/8/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p34
The article focuses on various business developments in the U.S. Cranbrook House received a $300,000 grant from the National Park Service to restore the west wing roof on the house, which was built from 1904 to 1908 for George and Ellen Scripps Booth. The roof work was done this summer, and...
- CIBC assesses its progress on first Opco anniversary. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/01/98, Vol. 64 Issue 22, p12
Focuses on an assessment of the financial progress of the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Oppenheimer company, which is a merger of the CIBC Wood Gundy company and Oppenheimer and Company. Efforts of the company in banking coverage; Appointment of a team of telecommunications bankers...
- Salomon topples CIBC's deal. Croghan, Lore // Crain's New York Business;09/21/98, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p20
Focuses on real estate in New York, with emphasis on the failure of a deal for CIBC Oppenheimer Corp. to rent office space at 7 World Trade Center. Factors which contributed to the failure of the deal; Reference to the store location chosen by Jeweler H. Stern at 92 Prince Street; Details on a...
- Another reason to tout market. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;11/16/98, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p6
Focuses on CIBC Oppenheimer Corp. employees' plan to donate all of its fees and commissions on December 1, 1998 to charities benefiting disadvantaged children.