Gotham Partners Report Finds Fault With MBIA's Triple-A
- Moody's Negative on Indianapolis Housing Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p40
This article reports that the ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. placed $22.8 million of multifamily revenue bonds issued through Indianapolis for the Lake Nora and Fox Club apartments on its watch list for a possible downgrade in the first week of June 2003, citing the difficulty in...
- More Hits for Insurers. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32851, p1
The article reports on the ratings of various insurers in the U.S. where others were downgraded. Fitch Ratings Ltd. rated MBIA Insurance Corp. to AA while insurance regulators threatened further action against Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. Eric Dinallo of New York insurance said he was...
- Key Global Risks: China And The Bond Insurers. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/28/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p5
The article assesses the risk facing the global financial markets in line with the downgrades in credit ratings of bond insurers in the U.S. Concerns regarding credit ratings downgrades for U.S. bond insurers like MBIA and Ambac have already contributed to equity market downturn. It emphasizes...
- S&P Offers Market Breathing Room. // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/3/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) rating for MBIA Insurance Corp. (MIC) and Ambac Inc. (AI). S&P leaves its critical AAA rating on MIC and AI after completing its closely watched review of the guarantors. It removes the rating of MIC from CreditWatch Inc. (CWI) and assigns...
- San Diego District Watching Market Closely Before Issuing $350M. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p32
Reports that the California's San Diego Unified School District is considering market conditions before issuing a resized refunding loans. Bond insurance by MBIA Insurance Corp.; Structures of the offering.
- Untitled. // Bond Buyer;10/16/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32487, p37
The article presents several charts related to bond market in the U. S. One chart shows the top bond counsel for the first nine months of 2006, in which Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP ranked first having a total dollar amount of $22, 509.8, followed by Sidley Austin LLP with $13, 095.3. Ambac...
- MBIA Begins Offering Insurance on BondLink. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p2
Reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. is offering municipal bond insurance in the secondary market through its partnership with Trading Edge Inc.'s BondLink. Bond-trading platform; BondLink system's premium quote and insurance selling services; Eventuality of online bond municipal bond trading.
- Correction. // Bond Buyer;7/11/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32917, p2
Corrections to previously published articles are presented, including articles in the July 9, 2008 issue regarding the rating of Standard & Poor's Corp. on the New Mexico Finance Authority's senior-lien debt and debt service reserve fund sureties backed by MBIA Insurance Corp. and AMBAC...
- Moody's: MBIA, Others Still Face Health Risks. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;06/26/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30920, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded MBIA Insurance Corp.'s credit rating due to its exposure in the United States healthcare industry. Insurance of Beth Israel Medical Center bonds and debts; Changes in MBIA underwriting policy in the health care sector.