Texas Citizens' Suit, Citing Closed Meetings, Hopes to Stop Jail Project
- Tomko & Sons wins jail blame game. Heselbarth, Rob // Contractor Magazine;Feb2000, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p1
Reports that the Jefferson County, Ohio has won a judgment against architect and general contractor Tomko & Sons over the delay in the construction of the county's jail. Amount that the county paid Tomko & Sons for damages; Cost of the jail; Problems with the jail's mechanical systems.
- I'LL MAKE SCHAPELLE'S birthday special. Gibbs, Warren // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/11/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 28, p48
Focuses on the efforts of several readers of "Woman's Day" magazine to comfort former beauty therapist trainee Schapelle Corby who celebrated her birthday in a Balinese jail in Indonesia in 2005. Views of Jodie Power, friend of Corby, on the effect of the gifts and cards sent by several...
- Ex-inmate says he got cancer from second-hand smoke. Maull, Samuel // Buffalo Law Journal;5/2/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the lawsuit filed by former banker and inmate Raymond Marquez against New York City and the New York Department of Correction regarding his bladder cancer that he claimed he acquired from inhaling second-hand smoke in a city jail in Rikers Island. Duty of care of the defendants to...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.
- CIRCUIT ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p58
Discusses several actions and defenses in the U.S. as of October 2003. Disability suit against J.C. Penney; Breach of contract against Maya Angelou; Lawsuit filed by Saad Noah against America Online.