Airlines' Lingering Appeal
- Delta Air Seeking to Avoid Nov. Debt Payment. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p1
Reports that bankrupt Delta Air Lines Inc. has taken its first legal step towards shedding itself of its special facilities bond obligations in Illinois. Request of the company to the bankruptcy court to strip its agreements to repay an amount of debt issued for projects at Los Angeles...
- United Tries To Stop Lease Penalties. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/25/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31600, p1
United Airlines Inc. has asked a federal bankruptcy court to issue a temporary restraining order barring Denver, San Francisco, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and Los Angeles from enforcing lease provisions that permit them to evict the airline for failing to repay special...
- Airports Seen Testing Market As Passenger Volume Improves. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p1
Reports on bond issuances by the U.S. airlines industry after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. Recalibration of the capital programs; Improvements in volume of passenger travel.
- DFW's High-Yield Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p1
Reports on the issuance of revenue bonds by the Dallas-Fort Worth International Improvement Corp. on behalf of American Airlines Inc., the major carrier of Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport in Texas. Significance of the deal for high-yield portfolio managers; Subjectivity of the deal to...
- Delta's Big Plans. Ferguson, Joy // High Yield Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p1
Announces the restructuring plan of Delta Air Lines Inc. in the U.S. Aim to help weakened company stave off bankruptcy; Reduction of job and wages; Change in Delta's unsecured bonds.
- Prices for Delta, Northwest Special Facilities Bonds Fall. Johnson, Matthew; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p6
Reports on the drop in the prices for some special facilities revenue bonds sold on behalf of the bankrupt Delta Airlines Inc. and Northwest Airlines Corp. in the U.S. Percentage of yield offered by the facilities' improvement revenue bonds; Volatility of Delta's municipal issues; Value of...
- Tulsa Airport Trust Hits Market With $154 Million Refunding. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31144, p3
Reports the plan of Tulsa Municipal Airport Trust to market with lease revenue refunding bonds on behalf of American Airlines Inc. in Dallas, Texas. Factors affecting the downfall of the airport operation; Brokers of the deal; Purpose of the bond refunding.
- Continued need for airport debt is propelled by surging traffic. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;02/18/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30581, p6
Talks about the issuance of new-money bonds by airports in the United States as a result of slipping interest rates and skyrocketing traffic. Stronger-than-expected economic performance for the airlines; Concern about pressure on wages and other costs; Falling international demand from economic...
- Airlines and Telecom Rally. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;6/23/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the recovery of the airlines and telecommunications industry bonds in the U.S. Popularity among traditional high-yield investors; Efforts of the Federal Reserve System to reflate financial asset prices.