Pataki to Use Tobacco Bonds to Close Gap
- Pataki Set to Outline Budget Plan as $1.5B of Debt Waits in Wings. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;12/31/2002, Vol. 343 Issue 31543, p3
Reports on New York Governor, George E. Pataki's proposed strategy for confronting budget crises during the first quarter of 2003. Budget deficit faced by New York in its expenditure plan; Forecasts regarding the state's credit market; Components of Pataki's budget-balancing plans; Details of...
- NY Legislature will have to raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/7/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p35A
Comments on the taxation in New York. Opposition of Governor George Pataki for taxes; Deficits in the state; Possibility of a tax increase in the state.
- Pataki's Budget: Killing Hope and Opportunity. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;2/13/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the budget of New York governor George E. Pataki to close a 12 billion budget deficit over the next 14 months as of February 13, 2003. Reduction in health care and education funding; Increase in tuition fees at state colleges and transport fares; Proposed measures to be taken by...
- Say Pataki budget cuts dangerously discriminate. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p3
Reports that in New York City, African-American and Hispanic lawmakers called an emergency summit for constituents there, pertaining to Governor George Pataki's budget cuts. Topics discussed; Briefing of Pataki's contingency budget plan; Deputy Assembly Speaker Arthur O. Eve's view of the...
- Voters will decide fate of popular environmental bond act. Turner, Brad // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/96, Vol. 35 Issue 44, p5
Reports on New York State Governor George Pataki's proposed environmental bond, the Clean Air/Clean Water Bond Act of 1996. Wide support for the bond from Republicans, Democrats, labor unions, environmental groups and the business community; Dependence of the passage of the bill on the November...
- Pataki revises budget reform plan to curb debt practices. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/11/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30805, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's revision of a budget reform plan. Curbing of debt practices of the state; Use of the payments from the tobacco settlement.
- Nassau Gets a Safety Net. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/10/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30888, p1
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's plan to restructure Nassau County, New York's 220 million dollars debt. Reissuance of the bonds through a temporary oversight board; Details of the payment plan.
- Pataki Unveils $99.8B Fiscal 2005 Budget. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/21/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31804, p1
Focuses on the fiscal 2005 budget of New York governor George E. Pataki. Capital plan; Budget for the construction of public colleges; Aim to close a projected budget deficit.
- Budget options, Pataki's plan. // Crain's New York Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
Discusses the budget options presented by New York Governor George Pataki for reducing the fiscal deficits being faced by the state. Reduction in the amount of funds set aside for health care and education; Plans of the Governor to raise taxes on insurance companies; Opinion of Pataki regarding...