Kansas Turnpike Sells $88 Million for Refunding, Road-Widening
- Surprises drive up costs and ingenuity. Rosenbaum, David B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/4/95, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p31
Reports on the San Francisco, California's Interstate 280 double-deck expressway retrofitting project. Repair and retrofitting costs; Plans of the state of California for voters to pass a bond issue in March 1996 to fund more bridge retrofits; Engineering and construction problems.
- LI action plan. Crosson, Matthew // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p9
Reports that progress is being made in the extension of the fourth lane of the Long Island Expressway. Support from the Long Island Association; Results of public hearing at New York State Department of Transportation.
- Expressway and parkway exits. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/96 Supplement Almanac, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p38
Lists expressway and parkway exits in Long Island, New York. Town; Expressway exit number; Number of state parkway exit; States parkway exit number.
- Electronic tollgate. Stover, D.; DiChristina, M. // Popular Science;Aug90, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p31
Reports on the Q-Free electronic tollbooth system in Norway. Tollbooth scans the vehicle's ID tag and relates the information to a financial accounts computer.
- Scottish roads and transport get Â£450m. // Contract Journal;1/29/2003, Vol. 417 Issue 6411, p4
Reports that Scotland has been given a cash boost by the Scottish Executive to help improve motorway corridors. Items included in the plans announced by transport Minister Iain Gray; List of the projects to benefit from the funds.
- Proposed Dakota Expressway picks up speed. Cobb, Kathy // Fedgazette;Jan1993, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the proposed Dakota Expressway loop in eastern South Dakota which would convert two-lane state and national highways to four lanes and connect them to two existing interstates. Importance of interstate linkage to economic growth; Support from civic leaders and mayors of small towns...
- Britain gets green light to start building first tollway. // Roads & Bridges;Oct97, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p22
Reports the start of construction of the first privately financed expressway in Great Britain. Location of the expressway; Estimated cost of the project; Two other planned road projects in the country.
- Highways. // Newsweek;6/30/1986, Vol. 107 Issue 26, p50
The modern-highway era dawned 30 years ago. The impulses that, after World War II, cause Americans to buy more cars and to move to suburbia, created pressure for more highways and reflected deeper longings for space and status.
- City, county officials to discuss traffic issues at public meeting. // Inside Tucson Business;5/20/96, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the scheduled panel discussion on a possible cross-town freeway in Tucson, Arizona. Contact information.