NEWS IN BRIEF
- Expectations of Real Interest Rates and Aggregate Consumption: Empirical Tests. Ferson, Wayne E. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec83, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p477
Recently, the finance literature has included empirical analysis of consumption in asset pricing models based on the cross-equation restrictions implied by optimality of a representative agent's consumption and investment plan. These studies have required some specification of an aggregate...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p2
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. economy as of January 2003. Auctioning of several billion dollars of four-week bills by the Treasury Department; Decline in overall manufacturing activity in the country; Increase in retail sales in the country.
- Credit Calendar. // Bond Buyer;3/8/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31340, p37
Reports on developments in the bond market of the U.S. from the time period March 11, 2002 to March 15, 2002. Auction of the bill by the Department of Treasury; Release of wholesale inventory figures by the U.S. Department of Commerce; Estimation of producer price released by the U.S....
- Money and Financial Markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2002, p5
Presents graphs illustrating the conditions of money and financial markets in the U.S. as of July 2002. Cause of increase in regional treasury rates; Indicators of corporate debt market; Growth of monetary base status.
- Flattening yield curve points to cooler '98 economy. Matthews, Gordon // American Banker;11/17/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 221, p33
Discusses the implications of the flattening Treasury yield curve for the American economy in 1998. Spread between the yields of the Treasury Department's shortest- and longest-maturing securities; Prospects for the interest rates in 1998; Moderation of growth and inflation; Phenomenon of high...
- Weekly T-bill sale to raise $960 million. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p2
Reports the amount raised on the sale of two maturing Treasury security bonds in the United States.
- Treasury Bills Go At 3.435%, 3.380%. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p2
Reports on developments related to United States Treasury bills as of June 19, 2001.
- Weekly T-bills draw 4.695%, 4.750% yields. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;08/03/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30696, p2
Reports on the rise of treasury bill rates in the United States as of August 3, 1999. Median bids for the 91-day and 182-day discount bills.
- The week ahead - January 31-February 4. // Bond Buyer;01/31/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30818, p3A
Reports on economic developments in the United States for the week of January 31, 2000, to February 4, 2000. Auction of treasury bills; Release of personal income and spending figures for December 1999; Announcement of employment figures for January 2000.