NEWS IN BRIEF
- Expectations of Real Interest Rates and Aggregate Consumption: Empirical Tests. Ferson, Wayne E. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Dec83, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p477
Recently, the finance literature has included empirical analysis of consumption in asset pricing models based on the cross-equation restrictions implied by optimality of a representative agent's consumption and investment plan. These studies have required some specification of an aggregate...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p2
Presents news briefs related to the U.S. economy as of January 2003. Auctioning of several billion dollars of four-week bills by the Treasury Department; Decline in overall manufacturing activity in the country; Increase in retail sales in the country.
- Personal Income Up; Spending Falls. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31753, p2
Reports on the economic conditions in the U.S. as of November 2003. Increase in personal income; Decline in consumption expenditures; Decrease in spending.
- Consumer prices--all urban consumers. // Economic Indicators;Aug93, p23
Presents statistics on the consumer price index for all urban consumers for the 1993 second quarter. Housing; Transportation; Medical care; Energy.
- Consumer Remains the Key to the Economy. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;Feb99, Vol. 149 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the significance of consumer spending in the economy of the United States (US). Rise of the University of Michigan's consumer sentiment index; Factors affecting US economic growth; Forecast on consumer spending in 1999.
- DEVELOPMENTS IN INDIVIDUAL OECD COUNTRIES. // OECD Economic Outlook;Jun2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the economic condition in the U.S. Decline in external trade, investments, exports and imports; Increase in consumption and residential investment; Implementation of tax cuts by the government.
- Will Good Times Continue? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan1999, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p98
Forecasts the economic conditions in the United States. Growth in consumer spending and confidence; Contribution of exports to the economy; Factors affecting the manufacturing sector; Decline in the gasoline prices.
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/17/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p25
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of September 2001. Decline in consumer spending; Total rate of the federal budget; Percentage rate of unemployment.
- Second-half forecast: better times ahead. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;Jun86, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p14
Focuses on the economic conditions in the U.S. Rate of unemployment; Growth on consumer spending; Drop on oil price.