Downgrades Possible for United Debt
- United needs labor savings not letters, to remain aloft. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;11/11/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p11
Stresses that United Airlines Inc. (UA) needs labor savings and not a grass-roots lobbying campaign to avoid bankruptcy. Number of UA employees who wrote letters to the Air Transportation Stabilization Board on the company's behalf; Other supporters of the company's campaign; Need for real...
- Judge Orders United to Release Collected PFC Revenues, Taxes. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p1
Reports that a bankruptcy court judge in Chicago, Illinois, has ordered parent company of United Airlines Inc. to fulfill its debt obligation towards airports and state governments. Payment of facilities charges collected by the airline from passengers to airports; Remittance of sales and...
- UAL faces long road out of bankruptcy. // Air Transport World;Jan2003, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p9
Reports the bankruptcy of United Airlines Inc. (UA) in the U.S. Amount of debtor-in-possession financing; Views of the Air Transportation Stabilization Board on the business plan of UA; Decision of UA to reduce the labor component of its cost-savings goals.
- MARKET FOCUS. Velocci JR., Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/9/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 24, p14
Reports on the bankrupt conditions of the U.S.-based airlines United Airlines Corp. Economic conditions of United Airlines; Impact of United's bankruptcy on other airline companies; Views of analysts on the bankrupt conditions of United Airlines.
- 'Business as Usual' Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;12/16/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 50, p8
Reports on United Airlines' filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Promise made by the airlines to do business as usual; Task of emerging from bankruptcy as a more competitive company; Blame placed by the Air Line Pilots Association on the policies of U.S. president George W. Bush.
- UAL LOAN HUNT GETS POLITICAL. Johnsson, Julie; Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;11/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the political pressure exerted on the Air Transportation Stabilization Board to grant a billion dollar loan guarantee to save United Airlines Inc. from bankruptcy. Support extended by members of the Illinois congressional delegation; Financial commitments of United Airlines.
- UNITED AIRLINES FILES FOR CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY PROTECTION. // Caribbean Business;12/19/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p50
Reports on United Airlines' filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Financial status of the company.
- Bankruptcy Gives United Second Chance at Taking Off. Burr, Michael T. // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 135, p12
Reports on United Airlines' filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the U.S. Company's optimism that it will survive the financial crisis; Financial losses incurred by the company by the time it filed for bankruptcy; Indication that United is not a good candidate for reorganization; Air...
- My little chickadee, United unions have but one choice. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;2/10/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p9
Presents the author's opinion on the impact of bankruptcy of United Airlines Inc. on its business activities. Implications of the bankruptcy for the employees and business partners of the airlines; Steps taken by the company to avoid bankruptcy; Author's views on the customer service of the...