Ascension Health Pays $2.7M To Resolve Merger-Bond Audit
- Ascending in healthcare. Evans, Melanie // Modern Healthcare;5/14/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the efforts of Ascension Health, a nonprofit healthcare provider, to improve its financial performance. The sale of Ascension's Saint John Detroit Riverview Hospital to Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute is discussed. The proposal comes as Ascension negotiates deals...
- IRS sending message on novel bond deals. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;05/29/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p36
Focuses on the acquisition financing deals under the United States Internal Revenue Service audit. Details on the bond issue used to create Ascension Health; Rates of the variable-rate debt increase of MedStar Health; Implications of the audits on tax-exempt bond market.
- Give them a firm embrace. Bell, Clark W. // Modern Healthcare;03/26/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p32
Urges hospitals in the United States to follow the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) guidelines, which seek information on how and why they deserve tax-exempt status. Requirements imposed by the IRS for hospitals; Some of the questions an IRS agent might ask.
- IRS TAX CODE CLUES. // Trustee;Mar2002, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the publications issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for non-profit hospitals in the U.S. Outline of IRS concerns for hospital joint ventures; Tax status of joint ventures between hospitals and for-profit entities; Imposition of sanctions for officials with excess compensation.
- IRS begins query of tax-exempt hospitals. // AHA News;5/29/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p1
This article report on the decison of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to seek information about the operations of tax-exempt hospitals through its Compliance Check Questionnaire. The detailed inquiry is an examination of tax-exempt entity compliance with rules and regulations and are also part...
- Quorum still sitting in the window. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;03/05/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the anticipated approval for Triad Hospitals' purchase of Quorum Health Group from the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Importance of the IRS approval; Details on the company's planned acquisition of Quorum; Net loss of Triad for the fourth quarter of 2000.
- New 990 turns up spotlight on hospital trustees. Greene, Jay // Crain's Detroit Business;6/30/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p17
The article reports that hospital trustees in the U.S. will start answering questions for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) new 2008 Form 990, a nonprofit tax form, in the year 2008. The form requires trustees to publicly disclose their financial interests and the interests of their...
- Hospital Deal Widens Ascension's Wisconsin Footprint. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34403, p1
The nation's largest not-for-profit healthcare system -- Ascension Health -- will acquire the much smaller and lower-rated Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare's southeastern Wisconsin facilities.
- Contribution retribution. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;11/22/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p6
Focuses on the implication of a memorandum released by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to a health system and its CEO for intervening in a political campaign in violation of federal law governing tax-exempt organizations on November 16, 2004. Application of the memorandum released by...