N.Y.C. Says No Borrowing
- More CreditWatching. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p33
Reports on the position of the School District Credit Enhancement Program on CreditWatch with negative implications in Washington. Reliance on nonrecurring revenues and spending measures; Need to implement a plan to achieve structural budget balance; Factors influencing the financial condition...
- Economist fears downgrading of UK credit rating. Phillips, Lucy // Public Finance;3/19/2010, p7
The article reports on the risks of receiving a downgraded credit rating due to the inability of the government to manage the public deficit in Great Britain.
- News In Brief: S&P Puts Wisconsin on Negative CreditWatch. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p2
Reports on the warning given by the agency Standard & Poor's Corp. to Wisconsin regarding its downgrading credit if it does not improve on the budget shortfall. Effects of the revenue shortfall; Plans made by the Wisconsin Governor Scott McCallum to work on the revenue shortfall.
- Staggering Indiana Steel Town Hit With Downgrade to Junk Bond Status. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p4
Focuses on the downgrading of the issuer credit rating of East Chicago by Standard and Poor in Indiana. Influence of LTV Corp. and Ispat Inland Inc. on the economic condition of the city; Impact of LTV bankruptcy filings on city finances; Details on the general fund deficit of the city at the...
- Raters confident D.C. will avoid fiscal 2000 deficit. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;01/10/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30804, p4
Focuses on favorable credit ratings for Washington, D.C. in the year 2000 brought by its capacity to avoid a fiscal budget deficit. Details of projected financial health of the city; Departmental shortfalls which are possible causes of a fiscal deficit.
- Deficit Continues to Hound Tennessee as S&P Puts Debt on CreditWatch. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p6
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers may be risking the state's triple-A credit rating by failing to come up with a permanent fix to its budget deficit. Failure to place the bonds on CreditWatch; State's use of Band-Aid methods to balance its budget.
- Fitch revises Poland's credit outlook up to positive. // Regional Today;02/22/2013, p1
The article reports on the revision by ratings agency Fitch Ratings of its credit outlook for Poland to positive from stable on February 21, 2013, citing the country as among the best performers in terms of maintaining a low government deficit.
- No pain, no gain. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/20/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 51, p4
The article presents a report from the University of Connecticut stating that getting rid of tax exemptions and tax credits could help cure the looming budget deficit of Connecticut in 2010.
- ME AND MY BIG MOUTH. Keeler, Dan // Global Finance;Jan2002, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p13
Reports on a possible budget deficit breach facing Germany. Cause of the increasing social security spending of Germany; Forecasts on the government borrowing; Budget deficit ceiling set by the European Union.