Yorkshire Wolds Railway gains its first locomotive
- ER Chief Civil Engineers Locos. // Modern Locomotives Illustrated;Dec2016/Jan2017, Issue 222, p9
Several photographs are presented of departmental locomotives of the Eastern Region Engineers Department including number 11104 four-wheel diesel-mechanical, No. 338424 0-4-0 diesel-mechanical, and No. 424 mechanical shunting locomotive.
- Southern Region Locos. // Modern Locomotives Illustrated;Dec2016/Jan2017, Issue 222, p12
Photographs are presented of departmental locomotives in the Southern Region of Great Britain including the Southern Railway/BR Southern 4-wheel petrol pilot loco No. 400S, Southern Railway No. 49, and No. 237923 4-wheel diesel-mechanical shunting locomotive.
- Setting the Pace, and Sprinting the distance. Green-Hughes, Evan // Railways Illustrated;Jan2010, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a brief history of diesel multiple units (DMU) Sprinters and Pacers in Great Britain. It notes that the creation of Pacers and Sprinters were based from the expensive class 210 diesel-electric unit. It cites that the Pacer project DMUs was conducted to replace the cost and...
- HO GE C30-7 diesel locomotive. Wilson, Jeff // Model Railroader;Sep96, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p35
Features Atlas' model of the GE C30-7 coal-hauling locomotive. Locomotive's background history; Large overhanging radiators at the rear as main spotting feature of the locomotive; Reputation earned by prototype C30-7; Materials used in model; Instructions in cab removal; Model's speed; Product's...
- Maine Central U25Bs in N scale. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Sep96, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p128
Features the construction and design of Maine Central U25Bs in N scale. Background history of locomotive; Difference between prototypes and models; Separation of model into component parts; Bodies and frames washing; Use of Accu-paint Main Central yellow and green paint; Use of Testor's dull...
- Build an N scale Chesapeake & Ohio Alco RSD-5. Kempinski, Bernard // Model Railroader;Oct96, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p148
Describes the construction of the N scale Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad Alco RSD-5 locomotives. Body details; Couplers and pilot details; Grab irons and battery boxes; Paint, decals and weathering.
- Ready-to-run HO scale Consolidation is a great value. Hediger, Jim; Wilson, Jeff // Model Railroader;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p40
Presents the HO scale model of a 2-8-0 Consolidation steam locomotive manufactured by International Hobby Corp. Reference to the model's history; Price for the model.
- Canadian National F7s in HO scale. McGuirk, Marty // Model Railroader;Feb97, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p156
Features the paint scheme of the Canadian National Railways' F7 locomotive. History of the locomotive; Prototype information; Modeling tips; Masking and painting; Decaling.
- HO E7s are perfect for postwar to 1960s passenger trains. Hediger, Jim; Wilson, Jeff // Model Railroader;Mar97, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p32
Reviews the HO model of Electro-Motive Division's E7 locomotive produced by Life-Like. E7's history in the American railroads; Engine and body features; Comparison of the model with the original; Added features in the model; Suggestions for the buyers.