World's tallest waterfall is underwater
- What Makes the Ocean? // Monkeyshines on America;Mar99 Oceans & Oceanography Issue, p2
Presents information on oceans. Description of an ocean; Number of oceans on earth; Creation of the Pacific Ocean; Most common salt found in the ocean; Other elements found in the ocean.
- The Atlantic Ocean. // Monkeyshines on America;Mar99 Oceans & Oceanography Issue, p3
Presents information on the Atlantic Ocean. Location; Parts; Indentations in the North Atlantic; Directions of currents in the South Atlantic; Location of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge in the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Pacific Ocean. // Monkeyshines on America;Mar99 Oceans & Oceanography Issue, p4
Presents information on the Pacific Ocean. Average depth; Description of the Pacific basin; Consideration of the Pacific Ocean as the largest and deepest body of water; Boundaries.
- Quasi-decadal Salinity Fluctuations in the Labrador Sea. Houghton, Robert W.; Visbeck, Martin H. // Journal of Physical Oceanography;Feb2002, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p687
The quasi-decadal salinity fluctuations in the upper 300 m of the Labrador Sea are investigated by partitioning all available salinity station data since 1948 by region and bottom depth. There are major freshwater anomalies in the early 1970s (the Great Salinity Anomaly), mid-1980s, and early...
- Isaac Asimov's futureworld: The future of the sea. Asimov, I. // Boys' Life;Nov91, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p24
Discusses why the ocean holds such great importance to man. Sea life and its importance; Water; Dissolved minerals; The problem of pollution; The importance of deuterium found in the ocean.
- Welcome to the open. // Backpacker;Aug2008, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p121
A photograph of a gem sea located two hours from Bozeman, Montana is presented.
- A celebration of the sea. Ballard, Robert // Popular Science;May95, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p9
Presents a tribute to the ocean. Author's personal experiences with the sea; Level of scientific knowledge about the ocean in the early 1950s and the 1960s; Discoveries about the sea and the life it sustains; Realization that the marine environment is more fragile than previously thought;...
- Public attitudes towards the ocean. Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p46
Highlights the results of an opinion poll of 1,300 adults in the United States on their attitude towards the ocean. Respondents responsibility toward the ocean; Criticisms on overfishing; Concerns on seafood contamination; Criticisms on shark finning and threat of sea mammal extinction.
- Areas and Average Depths of Oceans, Seas and Gulfs. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p463
No abstract available.
- T. A. I. L. S. Wales, Andrew // Boys' Quest;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, Special section p6
The article offers information on the ocean beneath the Arctic Circle.