Snecma to deliver Atar 9K50 powerplants for use in prototypes of upgraded Kfir
- New Snecma boss steers relations with GE `back to normal' Davidson, Brian // Interavia Business & Technology;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 603, p13
Examines the business relationship between Snecma and General Electric within the CFM consortium. Aim of Snecma Chief Executive Officer Bernard Dufour on pressing for Snecma to be given the responsibility on the development of engine for higher-weight Airbus A340-600; Issues concerning Snecma's...
- Snecma chief looks to future, and partner? Sutton, Oliver // Interavia Business & Technology;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 633, p22
Feature Snecma, an aerospace company in Europe. Merger between Snecma and GE Aerospace; Impact of the merger on both companies; Formation of Snecma Services; Partnership with Pratt & Whitney Canada for the SPW16 thrust turbofan project.
- COMBINED EFFORT. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/25/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p19
Reports the agreement between Snecma SA, R&D, Onera and CNRS to pursue advanced combustion research.
- Industry Turmoil Upsets Snecma's Restructuring Plans. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/21/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 17, p57
Reports on the decision of French government to put on hold the proposed partial privatization of State-owned aviation company Snecma SA. Losses incurred by Snecma in 2001; Dependence of the government's decision on Sncema on commercial sales; Contribution expected from Snacema to the...
- The French Have The Process. Seibert, Stan // Modern Machine Shop;Sep99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p122
Reports on how Snecma SA of France deals with world competition. Details on the company's plant at Le Creust; Number of employees; Processes in manufacturing; Amount of time the plant takes to machine a turbine disk.
- Snecma seeks efficiency gains to counter declining sales. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/16/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p35
Reports on Snecma's plan to increase overall productivity and shorten production cycles in an attempt to enhance its competitiveness in civil and military aviation industry. Snecma as the West's fourth largest engine manufacturer; Reductions in engine development costs; Reduction in production...
- More French restructuring, as Snecma changes strategy. Casamayou, Jean-Pirre // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov96, Vol. 51 Issue 604, p11
Offers information on the strategy for Snecma affiliates, revealed by Jean-Paul Bechat, that marks a complete departure from the partial selloff envisaged by his predecessor, Bernard Dufour. What the plans call for; Group's affiliates; Motivating factors for the planned actions; More
- Snecma enjoys view from the top. Casamayou, Jean-Pierre; Lardier, Christian // Interavia Business & Technology;Feb2001, Vol. 56 Issue 650, p10
Discusses the probable privatization of Snecma, France's state-owned aerospace company. Chief executive officer Jean-Paul Bechat's comments on the company's financial health; Company's position as the leading equipment supplier in Europe; Increase in orders booked with the company's Equipment...
- Flourishing Snecma shrugs off state-ownership stereotype. // Interavia Business & Technology;May99, Vol. 54 Issue 631, p30
Focuses on France-based aerospace company Snecma Group. Company background; Financial performance as of May 1999.
- Snecma to offer new military engine upgrades. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/21/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p68
Reports the progress of the development of the Atar Plus, an upgraded derivative of the turbofan engine by the French engine manufacturer Snecma, as part of its military upgrading program. Various improvements to the Atar 09K50.