Snecma to deliver Atar 9K50 powerplants for use in prototypes of upgraded Kfir
- Snecma cuts workforce, resists M88 price cut. Macrae, Duncan // Interavia Business & Technology;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 587, p10
Reports on Snecma's plan to reduce its workforce in 1995. Number of positions to be cut; Opposition to the defense procurement agency's call for a price reduction on its M88 engines.
- New Snecma boss steers relations with GE `back to normal' Davidson, Brian // Interavia Business & Technology;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 603, p13
Examines the business relationship between Snecma and General Electric within the CFM consortium. Aim of Snecma Chief Executive Officer Bernard Dufour on pressing for Snecma to be given the responsibility on the development of engine for higher-weight Airbus A340-600; Issues concerning Snecma's...
- Snecma chief looks to future, and partner? Sutton, Oliver // Interavia Business & Technology;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 54 Issue 633, p22
Feature Snecma, an aerospace company in Europe. Merger between Snecma and GE Aerospace; Impact of the merger on both companies; Formation of Snecma Services; Partnership with Pratt & Whitney Canada for the SPW16 thrust turbofan project.
- In France, RP Helps Detect Stress on jet Engine Blades. // Machine Design;10/10/94, Vol. 66 Issue 19, p28
Focuses on the move of Snecma to use optical stress analysis on engine blades and disks in conjunction with stereolithographic models. Key to the technique; How stress levels are analyzed.
- COMBINED EFFORT. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/25/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p19
Reports the agreement between Snecma SA, R&D, Onera and CNRS to pursue advanced combustion research.
- Snecma Servicesï¿½Focusing on Continuous Improvement. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 12, ON SITE. pS8
Reports the commitment of Snecma Services to provide quality of employees and departments in the U.S. Integration of the 2000 version of international quality standard; Application of the Action V business-improvement plan.
- Industry Turmoil Upsets Snecma's Restructuring Plans. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/21/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 17, p57
Reports on the decision of French government to put on hold the proposed partial privatization of State-owned aviation company Snecma SA. Losses incurred by Snecma in 2001; Dependence of the government's decision on Sncema on commercial sales; Contribution expected from Snacema to the...
- Silvercrest: Quo Vadis? Larson, George C. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jan2011, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on the 80-hour test run that was conducted by Snecma on the developmental prototype of its Silvercrest engine, with scheduled launching in 2012.
- The French Have The Process. Seibert, Stan // Modern Machine Shop;Sep99, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p122
Reports on how Snecma SA of France deals with world competition. Details on the company's plant at Le Creust; Number of employees; Processes in manufacturing; Amount of time the plant takes to machine a turbine disk.
- Snecma seeks efficiency gains to counter declining sales. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;5/16/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p35
Reports on Snecma's plan to increase overall productivity and shorten production cycles in an attempt to enhance its competitiveness in civil and military aviation industry. Snecma as the West's fourth largest engine manufacturer; Reductions in engine development costs; Reduction in production...